Official 2015/2016 Paly Growout Contest

jamesdong009

Anthony
Thank You to those who attended the meeting and entered into the contest :D.

As stated before, members who signed up for the contest, must have been present at the meeting to pick up your free contest frag.

Here are the rules that were listed from the Sign Up Thread.

- All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral
- Growout coral must be picked up in person at the December meeting
- Post your setup, your tank maintenance and treatment of incoming corals
- Take a photo of the frag within 2 weeks of acquiring it, regardless of treatment administered and condition of the tank (No Photoshop)
- Continue to monitor you system with bi-weekly or monthly photos of the coral and status updates and changes made to your system.
- At the end of the allotted time frame, we will judge the best grow out and declare a winner. The time frame will be 4 months, which will be around the April 2016 meeting.
- Winner will be chosen by the percentage of new polyps (everyone should have started out with one polyp)
- Prize is $50 GC to the sponsor of your choice.
- Lastly, Have Fun!!!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFICIAL GROWOUT THREAD. YOU CAN HAVE THE MOST GROWTH BUT WITHOUT MONTHLY POSTS, YOU WILL NOT WIN THE CONTEST.

Here's a list of members who picked up their frag:

1. Platehead
2. wilfx
3. CAPSLOCK
4. Phinfan
5. Flame Angel
6. GobyWanKenobie
7. showard
8. nbpt27
9. Turbosnail
10. s_kelley
11. Fish Waste
12. Bunkers
13. Edward
14. aresangel
15. jamesdong009
16. LKarge
17. Newguy

Good Luck Everyone! :)

Last edited:
25 gallon. Reefbrite XHO 24" led bar. Canister filter, plenty of love rock. (That's my set up I guess? Let me know if you need more like fish corals etc.).

Every other week water change, every other day manual top off.

No special care taken introducing, just plopped it in. No dosing schedule, occasional phyto dosing weekly?
69d2a6c45abb6dcab73a3d63a420f0a6.jpg

(Also iphone camera just under the white portion of the led bar so I got lucky)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IMG_20151208_091252_zpshtewarkx (2).jpg

Mine is doing well open when lights come on. the lights just came on when I took pic.
125gal reef, 3 150w 20,000k halide with 4 compacts and moons at night. feed coral frenzy twice a week

sn1150.jpg

Taken this morning around 9AM. Acclimating the little dude on the frag rack and then will put him on the rock! Very very excited!
90 gallon reef, 4 120watt D-120 led's, aquac ev180 & bubble magnus nac 7, waterfall algae scrubber(new addition, more of an experiment), feeding fish poo and pellets 2 times a day via neptune's AFS.

40g tank 10g sump no dosing, bi weekly water changes , marine land led.
14e68e4ff51d5caf98e5e49b5abbfd15.jpg

Here is Fish Waste's. Minor acclimentation. 120 mixed reef. Dose a few times a week. Lights are AI sol blue with T5 supplement.image.jpeg

46gal bow front, 40gal breeder sump, poop ton of live rock, Reef breeder 32 photon led, Ca reactor, 20 gal water change about every 2 to 3 weeks.
no dip just acclimated water temp and slowly switched water out in 2hrs time.
frag in sand bed.

polyp2.jpg

Anyone have any new polyps yet? Mine has been knocked over a few times by turbo snails. I am sure that's not good for a contest! I glued the frag down to the rock now... Only to find the whole shelf rock I glued it on was up side down today when I checked on the tank! Damn snails!!!

I still have to get a picture up. Back is against the wall with no spare time and tank is crashing on me... already lost one clown and the polyp has never opened. Something is up and I need to figure out what is going on.

Check your phosphates and nitrates. "Fish Waste"'s is starting to encrust the glue. May be popping one soon.
Water Change: No idea when the last one was
Dosing: not as much as i should

Back