275g Oasis Build

Looks like my canopy is almost done and might be installed this weekend courtesy of Bryan (bvs12 here on Boston Reefers)!

25753707112_3f524bddfb_z.jpg

25779554651_2c0378e332_z.jpg

Testing the mount system over the tank:

25573903200_2cfe14a809_z.jpg

It is mounted on rails on the ceiling, so I can slide the canopy out when I need to do any kind of extensive maintenance. Really beautiful work -- having had Bryan build more canopies for me in the past, and after looking at this one, I would most definitely highly recommend him to anyone and everyone! Very clean and beautiful work, and best of all, on time!

Now the ball is in my court :) going to wire in the fans, T5s, and LEDs. God willing everything goes smooth, and we'll have this canopy up on the tank by Sunday!

- Archit

Oh ok I thought they were pointing down.
Actually technically it's neither :p the canopy will have glass at the bottom as a splash shield. So there will be 0 interaction of air flow in the canopy with water in the tank.

The fans are pulling air out though. :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Awesome build Archit. Also wanted you to know that the suction cups were returned to Jay. Those things are awesome. Can't imagine moving a tank without them now.

That tank is sick! Can't wait to see it all full of livestock! Very jealous

Awesome build Archit. Also wanted you to know that the suction cups were returned to Jay. Those things are awesome. Can't imagine moving a tank without them now.

Awesome! Thank you! Yeah, most definitely couldn't have brought my tank in without his suction cups.. Jay's a hero in my book!

Nice build dude, FINALLY! :)

Whoa! Looks who is back!!! haha thanks man!

That tank is sick! Can't wait to see it all full of livestock! Very jealous

What?? You don't see the live stock in there already??? ;) At present we have:

Fish + Inverts:

- 1 x Pair of Flame Wrasse
- 1 x Pair of Helfrichi Firefish
- 1 or 2 Lined Dartfish (we added 2, but have only ever seen one)
- 1 Skunk Tilefish
- 3 x Purple Queen Anthias
- 2 x Cleaner Shrimp
- 3 x Fighting Conch

Corals:

- Blasto Wellsi
- Forest Gold Cyphastrea
- To be named platy
- Predators Blood goneastrea
- Green Favia that I'll probably be selling soon .. just not my taste.

Really hoping to add a Lineatus Wrasse, a pair of Rhomboid wrasses, and a trio of Flavo anthias next week ... here's to hoping!

:)

New lights finally went up today!

Here's some crazy wiring ... oh boy, never doing this again ... lol

25904071691_d5a2280210_z.jpg

25370291523_29cd5cf965_z.jpg

25370293893_607dda2a6a_z.jpg

25878303632_f3031a1ac8_z.jpg

I'll take some nicer pics and videos later, but couldn't resist taking this video of my fishies right after putting the new lights up. First time seeing them in "proper" light -- they're soooo gorgeous! :D

[video=youtube;oar9viOtetM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oar9viOtetM[/video]

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oar9viOtetM

I really enjoyed building the canopy. I am a cabinet builder by trade and love mixing my trade and my hobby. If anyone needs anything built for there tank let me know!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back