2nd tank! Wife is gonna kill me now!

Mr.Rodrigo502

BRS Member
a53fb71fac4a9949eb79db01648e7506.jpg
aee1eeb4064be5b9f1458c01929a7e0e.jpg
125959e19cfa170ae33bf0729c8fbee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the dimensions you can make a nice display with it. I should say I like aspect ratio what are the dimensions?

Jim

:O Just tell her it was a necessitty to balance the weight on the floor from the first tank. Neat dimensions on that thing though! lmk if you need some live rock and/or a T5 fixture! ;-)

A diamond will repair the damage nicely. Preferably the diamond is on a ring or necklace instead on a hole saw or frag saw.

Guys it's my temp Qt tank. I had to remove all the rock to get the fish out of my DT. I'm having a problem with ich.. so before it gets worst... I rather take action now.. I fresh water dipped everyone one for 5 minutes.... and then putting them into the deep blue...I'm going to put all rock and coral back into the DT and go fish less for 76 days... I read I can leave my corals and inverts in my DT. I just can't have no fish at all.. so before I lose thousands.. I'll be a fish medic and set this Qt for 76 days... after that. It will be my frag tank or will go for sale. Depending how the wife takes it.. lol

I'm also treating it with Kordon copper aid... is that any good.. it's the first time I try it... few years ago I used kick ich.... but I've read of kanaplex, metroplex, furan2, cupermine, rally and kick ich is what most reefers use.. idk.. I found copper aid at my local fish store... any recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had some success with using a UV sterilizer in the DT. Ich is not completely gone, but it's been 4 months now and I barely see any at all.

1.019 is not really hypo, think its closer to 1.08/.09.
None of the products will work except for copper......but should not use with all the rock. When transferring back over will kill your corals.
Should do Tank Transfer Method with Hospital Tank (put rock back into display).
Lastly 76 days is minimal.......some are going 90-120 days :(

RC has some good stickies on the listed ICH removal processes (copper, hypo and ttm).

That will make a great frag tank if you have room in the basement of anything. Btw off topic but I just setup my red sea tank. How have you liked it? I am really impressed with it. Waiting to order the sump so I can setup an auto top.

1.019 is not really hypo, think its closer to 1.08/.09.
None of the products will work except for copper......but should not use with all the rock. When transferring back over will kill your corals.
Should do Tank Transfer Method with Hospital Tank (put rock back into display).
Lastly 76 days is minimal.......some are going 90-120 days :(

RC has some good stickies on the listed ICH removal processes (copper, hypo and ttm).

I agree with this. if you are going hypo and using copper, then the rocks and what looks like coral in that tang picture need to be removed. if you already exposed them to copper. . .:confused: post what your plans are for salinty and copper and we can try to help.

TTM and 76 days minimum is solid advice if you want it gone. RC is a great resource for info on this process.

That will make a great frag tank if you have room in the basement of anything. Btw off topic but I just setup my red sea tank. How have you liked it? I am really impressed with it. Waiting to order the sump so I can setup an auto top.

I'm very happy with it.... worth every penny! did you get yours used or new.. because the sump suppose to come with it.

I agree with this. if you are going hypo and using copper, then the rocks and what looks like coral in that tang picture need to be removed. if you already exposed them to copper. . .:confused: post what your plans are for salinty and copper and we can try to help.

I had to put them in there for now till I got all the fish out of my dt... after all fish were removed and transferred.. I then put all rock and coral back.
18379a8676349d90a17cad255cdde360.jpg
6804316a9b38a34645790cf86c4fc9b0.jpg
e7bbe8763711122330cdfb8bddd24eaa.jpg

I didn't start copper until all my rock and coral went back to my display tank... I read ALOT about ich, velvet, qt tanks and copper on Reef2Reef. Before I went ahead and did this... I'm not saying I'm a pro but I do have decent amount of knowledge on what's right and what's wrong. Copper is poisonous to a certain level fish can tolerate it (.8) recommended highest (.6) running my tank at .3 salinity is at 1.019. I didn't want to drop it down to 1.008 to fast as I didn't want to stress the fish. Temp on qt is 82 with lots of oxygen and a sock filtration... not running carbon yet as I want the copper to do its effect. Now as for my Dt it is currently fishless. Only live rock, coral, 7 shrimp and a clam is in there. I'm planning on only feeding my coral 3 times a week. Now do you guys recommend doing the regular (30g)water changes.. I ask since there is no fish.. I don't want the nitrates to go undetectable... or having the water too clean....... and how often should I do water change on the qt..? Should it be newly mixed water.. or should I withdraw water from my dt and into my qt.. while I do the waterchange on the dt with new water.? I don't know if I explained my self right...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Back