Any one want to build Euro-type skimmers together?

NateHanson said:
I think you'll have trouble keeping the water level consistant in an overflow-powered skimmer.

You're welcome to come look at my skimmer sometime if you want. I think I still have drawings and parts lists lying around in the basement. (pencil and paper, so I can't link them here).

Nate

My Deltec is fed off one of my overflows,works flawlessly ;)
The key to this type of feed is the skimmer needs to be of the recirculating type thus requiring a very low flow rate,i think mine is around 160 gph.

Liam, I am assuming that you are pulling much more over the overflow then 160GPH, so are you running the excess water directly to the sump I am guessing and just using a valve feeding the skimmer to get you 160GPH?

clamm said:
Liam, I am assuming that you are pulling much more over the overflow then 160GPH, so are you running the excess water directly to the sump I am guessing and just using a valve feeding the skimmer to get you 160GPH?

correct,i have around 1000gph going through each overflow.I have the skimmer take off one of the overflows via a large diameter pipe which acts a resevior and keep supply very constant because the res is always full.

Reef55 said:
Liam, any chance you could post a picture for us? :) Thanks!

there is one in my 150 gallon major project thread,i don't have access to my filed pics right now. :)

Someone want to do this particular project again with a new group of aspiring reefers? My littel HOB skimmer is virtually useless in my sump and i could use a nice 10 foot tall super skimmer :p

Back