Beer to help Move a tank this Sunday (Sudbury/Framingham/Marlboro Area)

Nah a beer in the right hand and the tank in the left would be a lush, or maybe a six pack or more while building an acrylic cube including the use of power tools . . . oh wait I seem to recall an evening at Scavo's . . . :D

Plan B happens if we drop the tank or I botch drilling the stand for the overflows ...

My arm is what's bothering me, thankfully not my back.

Sorry for the late reply. I won't be able to make it. We're heading to Thomasville for some kind of sale that ends tomorrow. After that it's restaurant depot and then to work. Sorry.

Paul

Plan B happens if we drop the tank or I botch drilling the stand for the overflows ...
Ooooooooooooh, Let's hope you stick to plan A.

Thank you to everyone who helped, and those that were "on deck". Tank looks great.

Marvin ... Got a cerveza in the fridge with your name on it.

Thank you to everyone who helped, and those that were "on deck". Tank looks great.

Marvin ... Got a cerveza in the fridge with your name on it.

Keep it cold. Ali graduates from high school on June 3rd so i will definitely be there by then. ;)

Post some pics!

jbendel, did you get the acrylic overflow covers? I was looking at my set and the groves look really small, im wondering how much water will get thru the teeth into the overflow.

I have glass overflows, so no teeth. It might be worth comparing against an AGA overflow ... at the end of the day ... I think it's just surface area (but then I 'm an EE).

I was planning to just screen the top of overflows, but now that you mention it ... I 've got a box joint jig, which could be be used to make an acrylic cap.

I got the black covers for the glass overflows so you can't see inside. glasscages makes them.I guess you just silicone them over the glass overflows

It might be worth a quick call to them, if you plan to push a lot water through the overflows. I assume you got the standard drill holes for 1.5" bulkhead drains.... I would think they balanced the the overflow caps with drains, or at least know the max. gph. I called them several times last week when I was putting the stand together, and got a helpful responses.

i moved my 180 AGA with one other person. I wouldn't consider myself a big person (6'1 - 165 lbs) but we did it without struggle. Although we encountered no stairs :)

good luck!

That's a LOT of tank for two people, unless one of them's name is Ahhhnold :D

I think a 180 weighs ~ 275 - 300 lbs empty, so even on a flat service ... two people moving it without hardship .... that impresses me. ... and they don't exactly come with handles.

as long as you don't have to lift it above your waist or up any stairs I could totally belive that.

Back