BRASS Conference Announcement!

JayM

Is the algae gone yet?
BRS Member
It's been months in planning, but we're finally ready for the 'official' announcement:

The club is proud to present BRASS, the Boston Reefers Annual Saltwater Symposium. It's going to be at the Seaport World Trade Center - beautifully situated on Boston harbor, on October 24, 2009.

The conference website is at www.bostonreefers.org/BRASS and it details what we think is going to be an absolute BLAST of a conference. We've got some world-renowned speakers from the hobby coming, with great local AND national vendors. Besides our phenomenal speaker panel and vendors, we've got live demos, and with the generous donations of our vendors and sponsors, we already have a conference raffle with items you are simply not :: going to believe.

Tickets are going to be very affordable, and the only other thing I wanted to mention is that we have a limited number of tickets we can sell for the venue, so I would suggest getting yours soon. We are doing near :eek: simultaneous conference announcements on a whole bunch of other reef forums, so we are expecting them to get snapped up. Details on ticket purchases are at http://www.bostonreefers.org/BRASS/Attendees.html - where you can order them immediately through Paypal.

One other thing - there are going to be some special benefits for paid forum members, so check back at the site often, or look for announcements in the BRS business forum.

Thanks for listening! :D

Is there supposed to be a 5$ shipping and handling charge with paypal? I know we have had that problem before. (no problem if it is intentional, just wondering if it might be a mistake)

Is there supposed to be a 5$ shipping and handling charge with paypal? I know we have had that problem before. (no problem if it is intentional, just wondering if it might be a mistake)

Nope there isn't supposed to be shipping charges and it has been removed. Anyone who was charged the shipping fee has been refunded the shipping fees.

Nope there isn't supposed to be shipping charges and it has been removed. Anyone who was charged the shipping fee has been refunded the shipping fees.

c'mon Greg, admit that we only charged Cindy extra ;)

Damn, I've been invited to attend Reefapalooza which is the same weekend but on the other coast. Decisions, decisions.

Wow, clearly the BRS leaders have been busy. This is certainly the most ambitious undertaking since Macna. Should be a boatload of fun. And I can take the T-home if I over-indulge!

Well, the conference is one day, from 8:30 to 4:30, but we are planning a 'sneak peak' for paid members the night before, with some other cool BRS stuff. Can't go into details yet, but it should be a fun night before in Boston.....

Wow, clearly the BRS leaders have been busy. This is certainly the most ambitious undertaking since Macna. Should be a boatload of fun. And I can take the T-home if I over-indulge!

You could book a room and plan to over indulge :p But don;t forget your discount code if you do book a room. Code is located on the accommodations page of the BRASS website.

Discount code is BREF09

The best way to say 'thank you' is to get your tickets now, so we can post a big 'SOLD OUT' across the BRASS banner ;)

As an FYI, we inched closer to adding ANOTHER :: major speaker today. :cool:

Details to come as things progress.

correct $20 for members, if you got to the website their is drop down list to choose from,
Paid members (12and up) $20
Non members $25
children age 6-12 $10
Children under 6 get in free

http://www.bostonreefers.org/BRASS/Attendees.html

We will also have a few special things for paid members attending the conference. Details to follow

Last edited:
Back