BRS Echotech Radion Owners Thread

Wow,
thats awesome. It would be interesting to see what happen if i dialed it back to 75%. All though they seem to be growing ok? Are you running them at 18k? or 20k?
Do you think they would grow faster?

THe lights all failed for different reason.
One the fan stopped working and the light started doing all kind of wierd colors randomly. Then eventually it stopped turning off all together.
the other light looked like it was sucking in moisture? NOt sur but thats what it appeared to do. That started to do the red flashing light then it never came back.
third light just constant flashing red light. Couldnt reset or anything. Tech support replaced.
MP40's one came with a poor design it was poorly assembled. The other one that went bad started making a real bad noise (not grinding just a load whine) for about 3 hours and then it failed.

I have had your problems EXACTLY as described; mp10 wetside replaced 2x+ due to spindle melting and making loud noise, replaced radion due to "bsod" a flashing red light, EXCELLENT customer service. Sounds like they know they have a QC problem.

I registered for ecosmartlive and downloaded the connection mgr. I wondering. Is there a set up to connect the radion units to my wireless network? I couldn't figure it out. How does the software connect to the units via the web? Thanks

Have you tried going straight to the source and contacting ecotech?

no i have not gone to that extent yet, still thinking im doing or missing something. i posted on there reef central thread, and here. figuring im the issue and not the hardware/software. i know there has been many similar user issues so i figured id ask around first. my tank isnt in the dark and theres no harm being done to the equiptment or livestock. so if i cant get any local or "feild" help i will give eco-tech a ring and go through the process. i'l give it a few more trials b4 that. if anyone has input, and or if i find the issue i'l post here for future ecoT owners

Ok just wondering.I luckily havnt had to deal with them yet.knock on wood..but from what I read they have been pretty good..for the most part dealing with minor problems.Mabey Evan just visit the site and check the customer support page.there's a chance someone has already. The same problem

Question, as I'm a little confused. It seems on the one hand that people on these threads think you should not run the Radion at 100%, at least not for prolonged periods of time, because of the excessive light intensity. On the other hand, they have the TIR and now Gen 2 upgrades to put out even more light. What am I missing? I have a 90 gallon with 2 Radions, one with TIR lenses one regular. Trying to decide whether to upgrade both to gen 2, when that will be possible, or at least to the TIRs... I run a custom program that's fairly similar to the Natural mode, reaching peak at 100% with 10K and 12K color. Thanks!

i think i missed the rebate by like a week :( anywho those of you who recently purchased a radion can get a 75$ rebate. purchased after oct 1 2012

also heres the upgrade annoncements as well. i will def b going gen2

http://ecotechmarine.com/radion-xr30w-gen2-upgrade-path/

Question, as I'm a little confused. It seems on the one hand that people on these threads think you should not run the Radion at 100%, at least not for prolonged periods of time, because of the excessive light intensity. On the other hand, they have the TIR and now Gen 2 upgrades to put out even more light. What am I missing? I have a 90 gallon with 2 Radions, one with TIR lenses one regular. Trying to decide whether to upgrade both to gen 2, when that will be possible, or at least to the TIRs... I run a custom program that's fairly similar to the Natural mode, reaching peak at 100% with 10K and 12K color. Thanks!

i too have two radions, although they are over a 75. i havnt ordered the tir lens' yet. im actually up in the air about the upgrades as of, now do to the performance of the pro. on another note, id like to wait and see what happens with their product as well. id imagine you can just acclimate the new "higher intensity" pucks to your tank. slowly increasing to desired amount.

what % are you running at now? i have seen plenty running at 100%. im stil acclimating my lights, weekly rtamping up 3%.

I'm running the following program (I'd be happy to share, but not sure how you attach!). No true scientific method behind it, I've read 10Ks promote growth and higher Ks promote color, so I tried balancing the 2.. Feedback would certainly be welcome! I'm getting great growth, OK color.

7 am - 0%
9 am - 100% Royal Blue, 20% brightness
9.45 am - 18K at 40%
11 am - 12K at 75%
12.30pm - 10K at 100%
3.30 pm - 12K at 100%
5.45 pm - 12K at 75%
6.45pm - 14K at 60%
8.30pm - 20K at 20%
10 pm - 100% Royal Blue + 5% Green +100% red at 20%
11.30 pm - same as above
midnight - 0%

I believe there was a study done that the blue spectrum actually is deceiving and contributes greatly to coral growth. When LEDs started to explode in popularity, many people were frying corals because they initially believed that the blue light was weak when in fact it was as powerful or more powerful. Our perception is completely subjective and personal and has little bearing on the coral growth (from what Ive gathered)...it maybe important to us but not so much to coral.

Back