BRS Echotech Radion Owners Thread

Finally found this thread........I have 4 fixtures and one of them keeps flashing red..... I did the factory reset...... It stop flashing but started again the next day.... Any help would be appreciated...

Try switching with another one of your power supplys.that may tell you if its a powersupply issue or anproblem with the light.or try running that one light stand alone you see if you have a connection issue

Mine did that too.

Do the lights turn on for a <second and then flash red? it might be only one or two leds.

It's likely dead. I would encourage you to contact ecotech. They should replace it for you. I too a video of the issue. They were very helpful

Matt I dont think hes talking about the red leds flashing.hes talking about the little light by the buttons.either way contacting ecotech is probly the way to go

It's the red leds flashing every 10 seconds...... Not the buttons..... The LEDs itself..... It's annoying to see one corner of my tank flash red every 10 seconds.

Mine did that too.

Do the lights turn on for a <second and then flash red? it might be only one or two leds.

It's likely dead. I would encourage you to contact ecotech. They should replace it for you. I too a video of the issue. They were very helpful

The fixture isn't dead...... It works fine.... Sunrise sunset night works only thing is that fixture #2 flashes red every 10 seconds..

Lol no problem..... I'm having my buddy nemo88 coming over tonight.... He knows a lot about technologies and how things go together type of guy... Hopefully he can figure it out... It can be the simplest thing..... Then again I'm glad they have warranty :)

Ok red flashing problem fixed....... We had to connect USB directly to the fixture and do a factory reset on it.....so far so good.....thanks Marin.

Btw when is ecotech going to come out with an iPhone app for the lights.... And make a wireless connection? I just think its annoying how u always have to connect USB to fixture in order to modify them.

You can kind of run them wirlessly.theres a guy on youtube that did it.stil waiting on the phone app but he hooked them up to a router so he didnt have to plug them in all the time.they still had to be connected to each other but he didnt have to run a wire to his computer every time

Hey Guys,
Let me start off by saying i love me lights.
i have had my radions for about 8 months and two mp40's.
I seem to have nothing but problems? Is it my bad luck or im doing something wrong.
I have three lights over my 125 and 2 mp40's.
I have had all trhee lights replaced with in months of each other. I have had the mp40's replaced one of them twice. Customer support has been excellent in dealing with as they stand behind the product but is it just me?
Frustrated looking for feedback.

THe lights all failed for different reason.
One the fan stopped working and the light started doing all kind of wierd colors randomly. Then eventually it stopped turning off all together.
the other light looked like it was sucking in moisture? NOt sur but thats what it appeared to do. That started to do the red flashing light then it never came back.
third light just constant flashing red light. Couldnt reset or anything. Tech support replaced.
MP40's one came with a poor design it was poorly assembled. The other one that went bad started making a real bad noise (not grinding just a load whine) for about 3 hours and then it failed.

Darn man.....that sounds like some really tough luck. I've had good luck with the equipment (2 radions and 2 mp40) and my lps/zoas love it but i can't get the acros to take to it yet......been about two months but i just took my BP reactor offline so we will see what that does.

my acros,
took time too. i slowly ramped up to about 85% and at 18k. I also kept the acros higher up in the tank. My lights hang about 10 inches from the water.

i think you have your light ramp up too much at 85%.when i had mine,most of my acros was doing really bad and bleach when i had it 75%.after i lower it to 65% the ones that was still kicking made a good comeback.I keep all my acros around 400 par.The light dosn't look too bright to the naked eyes but led are very deceptive

Back