Cause of Torch tentacles curled/bunched up

Bandit13

BRS Member
So my purple torch coral has several tentacles that are curled up/ bunched up. Its been growing fine for months and not sure when the tentcales started doing this.

Is it just the way they look? maybe lighting? Frogspawn and other lps are fine so doubt its flow.

IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 213
I have a dragon soul torch that does the same thing. I got it with one head and it currently has 4 and a bunch of the tentacles are bunched up like that. I think it’s just how they are since the torch is growing fine. I don’t have a picture where you can really see it but I’ll post one tomorrow.

Was kind of able to get a pic of my torch today. It’s still hard to tell but mine definitely does the same thing with its tentacles as yours.
64616CB2-C2A2-4FBC-8F1D-12EC06EE4740.jpeg

I’ve read a few different theories on this
1 the coral is pissed off
2 the coral is starting to split so it will curl and sometimes bubble
3 it’s hungry
4 it’s normal

my dragon soul does this a lot if I keep my flow off for too long. But the other 5 torches don’t. I can’t say it’s a wide spread thing but could be what one likes the other doesn’t. As long as the tissue is hugging the outside of the head it’s fine imo

Appreciate the feedback, kinda reminds me of my bta nems, their tentacles split and bunch up but easier to see. glad to hear others have it with no ill effects.

Yeah growth is fine and each head has got plenty of tissue growing down the base, so not to worried. It to seems always seems to have some bunching but the amount seems to vary depending on day and time of day

Back