CT Frag Farmer's Market - Storrs CT 3/7/20

Finally making it to this event after years or wanting to... Sorry if I missed it but do they have human food to purchase/eat?

Form Jon Swanson of FFM FB Page Sorry, I misunderstood. There will be Hall High School selling snacks and pizza and the E.O. Smith FFM is going to be doing hot dogs and sandwiches. There is also a TON of great places right across the street to eat at if you need a break from the chaos.

I asked on the FB page and Jon said Rod from Rod's Foods would be there and I was like wait a minute so I clicked on Rod's name and it came up with fish food. I did get clarification about the food though lol... Just need to keep the caloric intake up it's hard to keep this manly figure!!!

Any adult beverages being sold? I know it's at a school but come on it's a fish meeting and how can there be one without grandma's cough syrup?

Sorry no booze allowed at the FFM. Probably hurts sales but it is a school and I would like to be able to do this again next year... Food, yes, snacks inside, food in the lobby and a bunch of places to eat just across the street from the school.

Who's looking for what at this show? As much as I would like to spend thousands on coral, think I should be responsible and get drygoods and let these tanks cycle.

Dave, Anthony and I have been known to walk across the street for chinese food and mai tais just to make the raffle ticket buying go easier after lunch! See you there

The cornhole tournament starts at noon and if I'm on my game that could be a scheduling conflict o_O

Seeing as I'm the defending champion...and helping run it, I think we can pencil in time!

Game on like Donkey Kong!!! I haven't heard back from Joe/FFM guy about if we're set in stone but he said there were spots and asked for the two names so I gave them... I'll have to practice a little this week haven't played since the Pat's playoff game lol...

Anyone know how they run the raffles? I know they start at 4pm. I'm wondering if you put your tickets only in items you're interested in, or is it a free for all item by item they pick the winners?

Once again getting back into the hobby too late; my tank won't be up and running but I'm thinking of going just to check things out and to check out the dry goods.

MrX, I always hated raffles where they would raffle off the big item first, and then everyone would have to sit around to see who was going to "get to take home" the container of flake food so I run the raffle as a tea cup raffle. You put tickets into what you want, and won't leave with anything that you don't. Although, one year we had a Crystal Dynamics 100 gal Starfire tank with stand in the raffle and the guy who won it didn't want it. He gave his daughter one ticket, she put it in that tank's cup (which was FULL by the end of the day) and ended up winning it. He sold it to a local guy for $300 at the end of the day. I'm not sure what the lesson is there but it was a funny story.

Reactions: MrX
Back