Daniel's Reef Tank

What a tremendous collection and great arrangement. I'm so glad you managed to recover from the prior setbacks. That has got to be so heart wrenching to face the near loss of such well established colonies. Speaking of loss, I didn't hear your "parrotfish" in today's video.

Thank you guys for the words. Keep me pushing to have a stable tank.

I fed the "parrotfish" before starting the video.....to keep them busy .... LOL. :)

Last edited:
Hi all.....

This weekend I meet Nick "This is me" at a LFS and we had a nice chat in the meantime we were expending some money. Nick told me that it was a long time I was not updating my Thread at BRS. He saw my latests posting at Reef Central and requested urgently :)cool:) to post something at BRS.

And here we are.

My apologies for not being more active at the local club. Moreover, he also convinced me to renew my membership, that I will do only this week. In other words, he has done a good job as a new BOD member giving me the BLA BLA of how nice is to be active at the club....... JAJAJAJA :rolleyes:

So...again here we are. I hope you like the tank and the pictures.

I will answer any questions, and please ask many. I am winter vacation and have time. If you want to read details on how I have set-up my fish room with the Fuge, please go to this thread:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2522791

The thread has only 7 pages.

Where do I start ?

Refugium update:

The fuge was out of control. I prune it and growth more. Of course I feed a lot the fish :).

My 2 Tigger fish in the fuge have grown and my son want to take the yellow tang because he wants macro algaes in the tank. I also want to disassemble the 14 G Reef tank that have 2 paired clowns. Hence I need a bigger fuge.

The 20 G long was replaced by a 40 G breeder. The Macro were placed in a "box" done with eggcrate. And kept the 2 media reactors with Matrix plus the HOB fuge with Matrix. The Macro have more space as well as the fish. Let see if the tang eats whats goes out in between the eggcrate holes :).

Pictures:
OLD FUGE

You can see 2 Media Reactors with Sachem Matrix for NO3 control.

BUILDING AND SETUP NEW FUGE

ALL SETUP....MACROS INSIDE THE BOX.

This isn't the end.....I will continue. I am organizing the pictures.....WAIT !!!!! .... LOL

Last edited:
I added 2 more Media Reactors to the Fuge FULL of MATRIX (Total of 4 Media Reactors)

The Tang enjoying a nice meal and the Blue Line Triggerfish in the background

Who has Toilet paper ? ........ All that Chaeto was soooo nice, but now I am in a trouble .... LOL

The Fuge MAFIA

A series of BEFORE and TODAY's pictures.

ALL IS IN 2015

APRIL

DECEMBER

--------------------------------------------------------------------

APRIL

DECEMBER

-----------------------------------------------------------

APRIL

DECEMBER

2015 CONTINUE

APRIL

DECEMBER

------------------------------------------------------

APRIL

OCTOBER

-------------------------------------------------------------

MAY

DECEMBER

2015 CONTINUE

MAY

DECEMBER

---------------------------------------------------------------------

APRIL

DECEMBER

--------------------------------------------------

JULY (AUSSIE SSC)

DECEMBER

How long has this tank been set up?

The tank was setup in May 2014. Had a nutrient crash by the end of 2014. What you see are the survivors of that crash. Just a few new corals were added on 2015.

See the pictures of the evolution on page 1 post #12 of this thread.

At the end of 2014, I did the setup of the fuge and started to add Matrix.

I like the good discussions ..... so why the question about tank age ?

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Just trying to get an idea of how other tank growth is. Your tank is pretty filled in so I wanted to get an idea. That is assuming you didn't go out and buy all large colonies at set up.

Even the nutrient disaster seems pretty full. I mean considering. What exactly is a nutrient disaster?

Lookin awesome Dan, love the acan garden!
That monti cap is gonna start ruffling out now that it covered the entire wall it's gonna look awesome!
Keep the pics a coming.

Back