Finally getting out of my 55g......

All done.......sort of. I'm not really happy with how one ends looks but it took me most of a day to get it how it is now so I gave up for a little while.

Side A. It's the right side here I don't like. The rocks aren't high or open enough IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 333
I finally stopped procrastinating and set up my top off and kalk reactor. I was able to get a new Tunze osmolator from a friend for under 100 bucks so I hopped on it. I had to place the resevoir above the reactor in order to avoid a siphon of limewater back into it, and I wanted to avoid using check valves. The limewater then flows from the reactor into my overflow box, which is higher than the resevoir, so no siphon, and the water gets to mix a little even before it hits the sump. I put everything into this 6ft tall cabinet next to the tank so it's all hidden. So much better than looking at a bucket and a pile of wires. Some of you have a whole fish room, I have a fish closet.:eek: Here's a couple pics. The resevoir is the white barrel on the right. LMK what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 290
closed....

The osmolator is on a timer to run at night only, and turns on and off a few times during the night. It has a safety feature that shuts the pump off after 10 minutes if it doesn't fill the sump(and with the flow set to a drip because of the limewater, it probably won't fill in 10 minutes), and then has to be manually reset, so I have it shut off and restart every couple of hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back