Fragging, growing acans

Moose

Non-member
Hey guys, I got a few questions I have three Acan frags that I bought originally on frag stands, I just placed them on my rack and thought nothing of them, BUT they are growing around the plug, and I have no idea how to help them from doing this. Is there a way to frag them without breaking it off the plug, or does anyone have any suggestions? They three plus are growing all the way around the flat top to the stand :(

Are you talking about cutting the stem off the frag plug? If so you just cut it with snips or bone cutters. Or has the frag grown onto the rack?
I cut the stems off and glue the disk onto whatever I want it to grow onto.

Can I do this if the Acan is growing onto the bottom of the plug? If I cut off the stem, and glue it to a rock I will be gluing the Acan down too because of how it grew...

I would get a flat rock and glue the frag plug onto it...then let the acan frag grow to a colony. Too many folks fragging frags and don't ever see a nice size colony in their displays. You can knock off the post from the plug with a pair of pliers or a screwdriver and hammer. I've drilled a hole on the rock and glued it post and all...then let it grow over and across over time. Good luck.

Back