Glass frag tank Build

Is that one of those DIY Coke bottle airstone skimmers? I guess you did an ok job on it... ;) :D

Nice piece of equipment there. :)

Oh yeah....My skimmer of choice.....nice decision on that one!!
Looks like your on your way Liam....I see some rubble in there....Shawn came by with a few chunks for ya?;)

Tank build looks great Liam. I'm curious how you plan to plumb it into your next large display tank. Would the Frag tank be on the return side; before the sump? Not sure how all that stuff works.

Tank build looks great Liam. I'm curious how you plan to plumb it into your next large display tank. Would the Frag tank be on the return side; before the sump? Not sure how all that stuff works.

Hi Jay

the way i am planning the system will be to have a small sump after the display and then the frag tank after that with the return to the display from the frag tank.
i plan on an in wall set up with a fishroom behind. This will enable all three to be on the same level which in turn will allow me to use 2 small energy efficient pumps for my returns due to the low headloss(ie the less height i have to pump the water back up the better,this will be a big help in keeping running cost down)

Hey Liam,

What's the diameter of the holes for this tank? I don't know how many holes and what diameter I need for a 36" x 18" x 8" frag tank from Glass Cages.

Thanks,
Paul

Hey Liam,

What's the diameter of the holes for this tank? I don't know how many holes and what diameter I need for a 36" x 18" x 8" frag tank from Glass Cages.

Thanks,
Paul

i have 4 holes drilled for 4 1 inch bulkheads,but thats just whats going to suit my set up. Two are inputs and two are outputs where my return pumps will draw from.

That skimmer next to that tank KILLS me. I'm surprised that thing isn't stripping the salt out of you water for lack of other stuff.

I can't believe I missed this thread. I've been looking for a glass case to put all my frags in. Very nice.

Cant believe I missed this. Awesome build thread Liam. Are you still planning on moving soon? You must be excited to get the tank up. Let me know if you need anything in the move, you wont be too far away :)

Back