Got my LEDs!

Paul,

Love your setup.

Would you mind sharing you AI lighting program? I am still dialing mine in and would love a reference point.

I will second that. Great setup.

I would like to know what you started off with for W/B/RB %'s, what you are currently running at now, and how you have your schedule setup.

Going to send you a PM sometime as well so I can see your awesome showpiece of a tank. :cool: ... Or maybe I shouldn't ... I will just want to spend more money... buy a bigger tank... buy more lights... hmmm ... ;)

Paul,

Love your setup.

Would you mind sharing you AI lighting program? I am still dialing mine in and would love a reference point.

My lighting program has been changing right along. I started with 100% for only 2 hours and worked up to 6 hours. It never burned anything. The hour preceding and after the 6 at 100% I have set at 75%. All the rest I think is just your preference for how you want the tank to look. So I have my tank with all three LEDs (white, blue, royal blue) at equal intensity for eight of the twelve hours that the units are on. This gives a very white/blue look simmilar to an Ushio 14k. The hours before and after I have a much bluer look. The last hour the actinic pop is just amazing. Then I have them fade to black and the moon cycle.
I hope that wasn't too confusing. I don't know how high you have yours mounted, but mine are 10" above the water surface. If your closer you may not want to go 100%.
So-
9:30am- 0,0,27
10am-0,35,40
10:30am-45.45,55
11am-75,75,75
1215pm-75,75,80
1230pm-100,100,100
6:30pm-75,75,75
7pm-40,40,50
8pm-0,25,32
9pm-0,0,28
9:30pm- 0,0,0

I've had my AI fixture for about a month now and I love it. The control and power is impressive. Plus, it looks pretty slick over my Elos Midi.

Kudos for having one of the most beautiful setups I've ever seen. Keep up the good work!

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I am sold on the LED technology and I think it has been demonstrated that they grow corals of all types extremely well. These units have exceeded my expectations in every way. The only question left for me is how long they will last before I might have to replace the bulbs. I know what the manufacturer claims are and I hope it turns out to be correct. Time will tell.

Ive had my AI led's for three months, I went from 250 watt Metal halides and have not gone above 45% my corals couldn't be happier.

Back