is this too high?

Corwyn

I am in Raynham
or is my test just bad?

temp is 76
sal is 1.025
ph 8.0
alk using red sea with 10ml so the 1 dkH resolution took 13 drops so 13 dkH or 4.64 meg/l
calc using api 500-520

not really happy with the whole drop and shake of the API what do you recommend for an accurate test for calc ( i was looking at the hanna for both alk and calc)

Does your tank look in distress? Otherwise, while a bit high on Alk, I wouldn’t overthink it and chase parameters - better to have stability. If you’re using a high Alk salt like reef crystals and have a low coral load, you’ll probably have elevated Alk/Ca, as there’s not much to bring it down between water changes.

Does your tank look in distress? Otherwise, while a bit high on Alk, I wouldn’t overthink it and chase parameters - better to have stability. If you’re using a high Alk salt like reef crystals and have a low coral load, you’ll probably have elevated Alk/Ca, as there’s not much to bring it down between water changes.
my leathers are not happy. I'm using tropic marine pro reef. Just got a mag test and that too seems on the very high end 1560.
Is this what is effecting my softies? Should do I something to bring it down or leave it alone? if I need t do something, what should I do?

So tropic marine pro has levels of:
Alkalinity 7dkh
Calcium 440
Magnesium 1350

you must be dosing? If I was you I would stop dosing till levels drop to where you want them. Have you tested your newly mixed saltwater to know what your levels are?

Back