McReef Holiday Update!

Gina McReeferson

My sweet Baby David
The McReeferson reefer gathering is tomorrow, Saturday, the 27th, from 6ish until whenever. :)

David will be home all day and will be checking the threads, so if you decide last minute that you would like to come, post here (or in the other thread) and he'll PM you the address. We will also check it throughout the evening.:)

Remember this is a potluck party, and if you know what you are bringing, please post it here so we don't end up with 12 spinach dips and 3 apple pies. ;)

Here is what people are bringing so far...

Gina - mexican layer dip and chips
Gina - dirt pie (frozen dessert)
David (McR.) - taco salad
Diane - salami cheese rollups
Anthony - vietnamese spring rolls
Dave and Kim - (possibly) shrimp cocktail
Heather - cookies or homemade fudge

It will also be BYOB if you want to have a cocktail or two.

Hope to see you here! ;)

Here is our original thread on the gathering....http://bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72884

I really wish I could make it but my daughter has a friend sleeping over, I will party with you guys in spirit. :D

LOL, you're too funny. If you showed up and they knew you were my friend, they'd fix you something to eat, they're super friendly people and they love company. :D

Food Update

Gina - mexican layer dip and chips
Gina - dirt pie (frozen dessert)
David (McR.) - taco salad
Diane - salami cheese rollups
Anthony - vietnamese spring rolls
Dave and Kim - shrimp cocktail
Dave and Kim - peppermint bark
Heather - cookies or homemade fudge

So far it's looking like we're going. But Michelle is worried about the kids. She's always concerned that we're going to look like bad parents if we keep them up and out past 8 p.m. :rolleyes: Plus she's afraid the kids will have a meltdown if they're too tired. I'm banking on the tank from preventing that. ;) If anything I'll be coming by. I'm bringing teriyaki steak tips. Would 5 lbs. of tips be enough you think?

Dave and Kim - shrimp cocktail
Dave and Kim - peppermint bark

I'll try not to eat all the peppermint bark on the way there but no promises... Just want to thank Kim for getting the shrimp and making he bark while I'm stuck at work... She def deserves the "wife of the year" she has under her avatar :rolleyes:

I'll be counting down the minutes to get out of work!!!

So far it's looking like we're going. But Michelle is worried about the kids. She's always concerned that we're going to look like bad parents if we keep them up and out past 8 p.m. :rolleyes: Plus she's afraid the kids will have a meltdown if they're too tired. I'm banking on the tank from preventing that. ;) If anything I'll be coming by. I'm bringing teriyaki steak tips. Would 5 lbs. of tips be enough you think?

Paul, I understand Michelle's worry. Hopefully they power nap in the car coming up from the south shore. It'll be a nice long ride. :) I'd bring our two if we didn't have such a long drive. You will not look like bad parents, and they probably will be so overwhelmed with new people and things (like a fish tank because they don't have one with water at home :p), meltdowns will be held off until you get in the car to go home.

So far it's looking like we're going. But Michelle is worried about the kids. She's always concerned that we're going to look like bad parents if we keep them up and out past 8 p.m. Plus she's afraid the kids will have a meltdown if they're too tired. I'm banking on the tank from preventing that.

Ahh, the joys of parenthood. :p ;)

I'm bringing teriyaki steak tips. Would 5 lbs. of tips be enough you think?

That sounds great Paul, and tasty too!

we will be bringing a vat of curry:)

Always a favorite at these things, the Liam's curry is highly acclaimed among those who have had it. ;)

and they probably will be so overwhelmed with new people and things (like a fish tank because they don't have one with water at home :p),

Ouch... a low, yet hilarious, blow...

I'm bringing teriyaki steak tips. Would 5 lbs. of tips be enough you think?

Might be enough for me... but what would everyone else eat? ::

On a side note... 5 1/2 hours till I'm out of work!!! WHOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!

Can anyone tell I'm excited for tonight? :rolleyes:

Paul, I understand Michelle's worry. Hopefully they power nap in the car coming up from the south shore. It'll be a nice long ride. I'd bring our two if we didn't have such a long drive. You will not look like bad parents, and they probably will be so overwhelmed with new people and things (like a fish tank because they don't have one with water at home ), meltdowns will be held off until you get in the car to go home.

That's what I'm thinking too. Genevieve and especially Thomas are both enthralled by aquariums. Thomas freaks, in a good way, anytime we fill his tub. They both love water, which is a relief.

Yeah, yeah. Someday they'll have a tank at home of their own. :D

Dave McReeferson said:
Ahh, the joys of parenthood.

That sounds great Paul, and tasty too!

How would you know? :p Speaking of which, aren't you due for a little one?

I'm actually bringing 8 lbs. of tips. I hope they're ok. They're only getting to marinate for ~ 15 hours.

afboundguy said:
Ouch... a low, yet hilarious, blow...

Might be enough for me... but what would everyone else eat?

I'm good for those low blows it seems.

You and I will split them. While I love vegetables, I'm definitely a meat n' ba-dAy-das guy. Tell ya what, meet me out front and we'll divvy them up before we make it to the front door.

S Hunter said:
Doesn't look like we will be able to make it, sorry guys, thank you for the invite

Bummer Shawn. I was hoping to meet you. Liam had such wonderful things to say about you.

:rolleyes:

:D

Having a great time. Wish you were all here. The McReefersons put on a great spread!!! and the tank is kinda nice too ;)

Back