MrX's 120G Build

Some updates...

Still haven't seen the surviving Yasha Goby but I have looked under the tank, through the stand, and seen the snapping shrimp in his little cave. Good to know it's still kicking.

Yesterday I had to move all the corals from the frag tank up to the DT because I needed to return the light I was borrowing from Matt (The River Reef). I was going to get some lights/reflectors from HD but nothing I tried seemed suitable even for short-term use. I'm hoping the Pacific Sun Triton gets here in the next week or two. As of now it's going over the frag tank as I can't afford to buy a second one for use over the DT.

To move the 60+ corals from the frag tank to the DT I had to make up some temporary frag racks to hang in the DT. I learned quickly that the magnets I had weren't strong enough for the glass thickness; after filling the racks I bumped them when cleaning the glass and knocked everything down. Twice! I then made some supports and zip-tied them to the racks. Doesn't look pretty, but it works, and it's temporary. See the next post for pictures.

I found this guy in the sand. Wish all Aptasia were in the sand... so easy to just suck it out with a turkey baster.

SandAptasia.jpg

Full-tank shot with 90-100 corals. Also some shots of my temporary frag racks. The Halloween Urchin was annoying me before knocking over and picking up my corals. This should be lots of fun... NOT!

FST-08122012-1.jpg

AllFragsInTank-1.jpg

AllFragsInTank-2.jpg

AllFragsInTank-3.jpg

AllFragsInTank-4.jpg

Holy cow X, your pretty filled up there! This is going to be pretty sick once everything starts filling in. Looks great so far!

Looking good... Bought time you put some corals up there :) thanks for the goodie bag today... I will keep and update on that sun coral. The watermelons already opened :)

Lastest updates:

- Yorgos from 'Imagine an Ocean' just called and said my Pacific Sun Triton I won is in and shipping to me today! Woot! Now to sell one of my Apollo Reef SolarBlast Dimmable fixtures so I can buy the slave module and put them over my DT. The other Apollo and VDM would go over the frag tank in the basement.

- Finally saw the surving Yasha Goby come out of hiding and now I know where it's cave is. Regularly comes out to eat or when I'm near the tank. Haven't seen the shrimp "out" but have seen it moving around from underneath the tank.

- Tank survived my 3 day vacation with my niece feeding. Before I left I secured all the frags in my poor-mans-frag-racks using some Aquamend stuff. Amazingly everything was still in place except for one acan on the sand-bed that someone (the urchin?) flipped over.

- Added a TriColor Wrasse and Dragon Goby from Krystal Clear Aquatics the other day; both are doing great.

- Think my final addition to the DT will be either 2 purple firefish or 3-4 red firefish.

Tank looks sweet. Not bad for 5 months or so. My current display has been up since february. Maybe a month longer than yours.

Lastest updates:

- Yorgos from 'Imagine an Ocean' just called and said my Pacific Sun Triton I won is in and shipping to me today! Woot! Now to sell one of my Apollo Reef SolarBlast Dimmable fixtures so I can buy the slave module and put them over my DT. The other Apollo and VDM would go over the frag tank in the basement.

- Finally saw the surving Yasha Goby come out of hiding and now I know where it's cave is. Regularly comes out to eat or when I'm near the tank. Haven't seen the shrimp "out" but have seen it moving around from underneath the tank.

- Tank survived my 3 day vacation with my niece feeding. Before I left I secured all the frags in my poor-mans-frag-racks using some Aquamend stuff. Amazingly everything was still in place except for one acan on the sand-bed that someone (the urchin?) flipped over.

- Added a TriColor Wrasse and Dragon Goby from Krystal Clear Aquatics the other day; both are doing great.

- Think my final addition to the DT will be either 2 purple firefish or 3-4 red firefish.

I would get one of each... the purple are much more pretttty.

I have seen them for $80... the purple are nice also. I personally regretted buying a red one after a few weeks of having him. The other 2 options were so much nicer looking :)

Woot woot! Got my Pacific Sun Triton R2 today!

For now I'm going to use it over the frag tank; if I can sell one of my Apollo SolarBlasts I'd look into buying a slave unit and using them both over the DT. This post and the next few have pictures of the unboxing and hanging over the frag tank.

I should have thought of it sooner and pre-ordered a blue tooth adapter so I could configure/use the unit now, but I was a slacker and just ordered it tonight; should be here Wednesday. Once the adapter arrives I'll be able to configure the LED and move a bunch of corals back into the frag tank.

WP_001647.jpg

WP_001650.jpg

WP_001651.jpg

WP_001655.jpg

WP_001657.jpg

Back