My Elos Mini (still a work in progress....)

yukyuklee

Free.99
558778_10151319891786678_1490670538_n.jpg

319523_10151319891741678_238831075_n.jpg

788_10151319891731678_1297068738_n.jpg

424836_10151319899351678_2057314078_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice..somebody likes acans

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

nice tank, i love lps and softies it will amazing once they fill in. Looks like alot of light it disapating away from the tank...what are you using for light? Is there a way to maybe lower it and focus the light into the tank more??

nice tank, i love lps and softies it will amazing once they fill in. Looks like alot of light it disapating away from the tank...what are you using for light? Is there a way to maybe lower it and focus the light into the tank more??

maxspect leds yeah i can lower the hanger a bit, I'm not a big fan of leds but for this type of tank theres no other way to make it look modern

if the intensity of the led's can be adjusted than i would lower the fixture and lower the intensity of the led's. . If they can not be just be careful not to scortch your corals by lowering it too much too fast, maybe just 1/2 inch a week to aclimate them till you reach the desired height. i had my Led's low and it burned up my lps and softies and it didnt even look that intence to the naked eye. Its a really sweet lookin set up for sure, good luck with it.

that looks great man! love the clean look it has

Thanks!!

if the intensity of the led's can be adjusted than i would lower the fixture and lower the intensity of the led's. . If they can not be just be careful not to scortch your corals by lowering it too much too fast, maybe just 1/2 inch a week to aclimate them till you reach the desired height. i had my Led's low and it burned up my lps and softies and it didnt even look that intence to the naked eye. Its a really sweet lookin set up for sure, good luck with it.

Not sure what I want to do yet. I might go with the AI Sol Blue or something else I wish I can do T5's but its going to look funny with this size tank

Is going to be mostly lps? I've always wanted a specialized tank, but I like every type of corals which make it impossible. Very nice, clean looking tank. Love the cans!

For the size ratio compared to the sols the par numbers are better
yeah I'm going to probably lean towards that light after the holidays, but damn I miss having MH!!!

Is going to be mostly lps? I've always wanted a specialized tank, but I like every type of corals which make it impossible. Very nice, clean looking tank. Love the cans!

yeah mostly lps with a couple of sps I have a few sps in mind

Congratulations, the Elos setup is beautifu. Nice clean look. Looking forward to seeing the next phase.

thanks! I had to Windex the glass before I took the pics lol!!

heres a pic of the clowns, Extreme blacker black ice. Sorry just fed the corals with reef-roids so it made my tank kind of cloudy

75965_10151321333291678_778743371_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back