Need Opinions

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
My monti caps aren't growing because they don't get enough light where they are so I was wondering where I should put them? Not only to grow but a spot that would look good.

I had monti's grow like crazy across both back walls of the 54 corner tank. Where do you have them now?

Pat your tank is awesome, I can't wait for my stuff to grow in. My lighting is an ai hydra... I'm still slowly turning up the intensity on the white, red, and green

They might do a little better towards the back, just keep an eye on the color. They were the first to lighten up when I experimented with LED, literally within a day or two they washed right out. Came right back though after dropping the intensity down. I can't be of any use for recommending light settings. Give them flow, don't blast them with a ton of light from that fixture, and they will be happy.

I miss that tank!

Hey thank you very much. I appreciate your help, i'm also gonna steal your idea on putting them on the glass haha

from what I have learned about leds , ( not from experience ) once you get them up set it on one of the factory settings . maybe that will help ? I am not sure but I might soon be trying out some of the high end fixtures to see if that is in fact the case . I got other issues first though

You gotta acclimate the inhabitants to the light first and then slowly increase the intensity. You can't just set it and throw everything in...

yeah sorry poor choice in wording , by set up I meant acclimated
Haha yeah I definitely agree with Ya then. I think that was my problem. I was reading so many different settings and trying different things until I got some good advice which was to stop screwing with them lol

You don't really need presets as much as you just need to find a spectrum that works good with your tank (the corals not your eyes! Lol ) and leave it alone.
Ideally this should be done before you get your lights to the max intensity you want so your not fiddling with the spectrum of your lights at 80-90% intensity :cool:

Back