OFFICIAL Tom 2g Deco Aquarium Kit ~*Contest*~ cheap,fun,contest! JOIN US!

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
The goal of this contest will be to see how creative we can get with our new 2g "Tom Deco Kit/Hawkeye" 2 gallon pico tanks. We have worked out a deal with one of our very own sponsors to get the specific tank in Unique Aquaria (Boston, MA). The price of the tanks are $48.00 with a paid BRS membership, card must be presented and $69.99 for non-paid members.

Please pm your order to pillowfish by February 4th, pick up at Unique Aquaria on February 8th, payment will be required at the time of pick-up so don't forget your BRS card to get the membership pricing.

The idea of this contest came from another forum, original link provided at end of the page.
Basic Rules (from original post)
The entire contents of the Tom Deco Kit must be included and visible. This would include:
  • The 2g tank itself- Duh
  • Power-compact perch light and bulb
  • Hang-on power filter
  • In plain English: Use everything in the box. (Heck, you can use the box itself if you are really creative!)
  • Any equipment add-on's or modifications may be made as long as the original equipment is still in use and visible. (modifications to the stock equipment is allowed to promote a healthy happy tank.
  • only restriction on equipment, is a 10 gallon sump/refugium is the maximum. and this must be a stand alone system, you cannot tie it into your existing tank.livestock and budget there are no restrictions

Contest Guidelines(more rules)
  • Contest length and dates: CONTEST OFFICIALLY STARTS February 8th
  • Open enrollment for 1 month after start date.(you have until march to get a tank)
  • Tank must be wet by March 15th (must have water in the tank)
  • If your tank crashes after open-enrollment closes, then you are out of the running. (The reason for this: To avoid someone restarting their tank several times throughout the length of the contest. Our goal is to build healthy systems that can thrive for the entire year!)
  • You must maintain a tank thread on BOSTON REEFERS for the length of the contest. (posting pictures is a huge plus, but make sure you post one full tank shot and one full equipment shot a month)
  • List all equipment additions as well as livestock additions or losses on tank thread.
  • 8 month build and 4 month grow-out period. No new equipment, livestock additions for the last 4 months(Replacing or fixing broken equipment is permitted).
  • Clean-up crew is okay to add throughout the entire contest.

Submit one FTS/FES pic. per month and one FTS/FES for voting at the end of the contest.
(FTS - Full tank shot)
(FES - Full equipment shot)

Judging
Open poll to everyone with each participant having one Full tank shot, and one full equipment shot to be voted on.​

The Tank:
1002-1.jpg

1002.jpg

GET YOUR TANK AT Unique Aquaria (Skipton's)
$48 for Paid Members
$69.99 non paid member
Become a Paid member and this alone is worth the savings! :: and you get alot of other benefits!

If you plan to order a tank from Unique Aquaria, please contact "pillowfish" by a P.M. (private message) by Saturday Feb 4th, in order to be able to pick the tank up at Unique Aquaria February 7th
The Tom 2g Deco will be the only aquarium permitted in this contest.​
PRIZES T.B.A.
PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING!!! BRING ON THE FUN!!!
it should be really fun to see what people come up with, and over all should be a good time! see what we all can do with such a small tank:)

*(also want to let you guys know this is my first time running a contest, please bare with me, and i want to thank pillowfish for all the help this far in the planning stage)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can, you cannot tie the tank into your other systems, must be its own system

USING SAND ROCK AND WATER IS ALLOWED
:)

Damn I was hoping for the jbj pico it looks nicer but it's cool I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn I was hoping for the jbj pico it looks nicer but it's cool I guess

Yup same here. I hate to tear it down after the contest because the wife going to say it doesn't look good :)

There will be a prize at the end but it hasn't been decided on yet and the contest is open to everyone that wants to enter it. And as everyone can see being a paid member gets you the tank a lot cheaper and pays for the $20 membership right away.

I think I'm in. If I can get the same set up somewere els that's fine to right

At this time there is no restriction of where you can purchase the tank. You more than likely won't find a better price even online (have to factor in $10+ for shipping) Believe me Tab/pillowfish put in a lot of legwork looking at pricing...

Plus when you pick it up at Unique you could always pick up various other accutremaul while you're there... But more importantly you'd be supporting one of our great sponsors at the same time. IIRC 10% off livestock for paid membership at Unique...

Damn... Everytime I keep posting about this I keep talking myself into wanting to do it more and more... Wife's going to end up killing me if I decide to participate :p I wonder if I could hide it in a closet :D

Yup same here. I hate to tear it down after the contest because the wife going to say it doesn't look good :)

"its not what holds the water......its whats in the water"
-MP

it should be a lot of fun everyone, who is doing this contest for sure. ~5 days before the contest officially starts, whos is doing it?! :)

don't do it for the prizes. do it for the enjoyment and challenge, if you win and get a prize look at it as a bonus

hope we get a good amount of people in on this

thank you all
-Mike Pevine

I'm going to get the jbj instead I know it's not the listed tank I'll have to post up on my statues on my own thread i know. Ill keep to the rules tho besides the tank part.

I think id like to get in on this, seems like fun, what are ppl gonna stock? seems like its a zoa/shroom/lps thing

I'm going to get the jbj instead I know it's not the listed tank I'll have to post up on my statues on my own thread i know. Ill keep to the rules tho besides the tank part.

If you are using a different tank your tank will be disqualified and not eligible for judging. Just letting you know in advance. Also, everyone will be responsible for posting their own thread and updating it.

thank you pillowfish.

everyone in this contest must use the TOM DECO 2 GALLLON TANK

dimensions on the tank:
not 100% sure on this, found it on Google product search:
10"x7"x7"

(as for threads for the contest, i will get you answer on that)

Back