PALOOZA ORLANDO 2021 DILEMA

FREAKINRICAN69

BRS Member
Hello to all my fellow reefers.

My wife was trying to surprise me by getting me Orlando Palooza tickets but had to advise me as you know how that is. LOL

But my question is;

Are there any restrictions on purchases when i fly back from there?
She got me tickets for Saturday instead of Sunday and i'm flying out Sunday. So i think she set me up not to purchase any livestock or corals and just dry goods lmfao.

Anyhow i just wanted to ask in general if anyone has gone to any paloozas in Orlando and you flew in to fly back out etc... Any if all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited but kind of bummed as i hate window shopping. LOL
1619200157301.gif
1619200190128.gif

Greg Carroll is one of the founders of Reef A Palooza and was on stream last night with ReefBum. I know at some point they had discussion on it. Have a look here:

So we've been to about 7 RAP and usually leave on Monday morning. When you buy coral you can have the booth hold the coral for you until you leave the show. Pick up all your coral and bring it back to the hotel room. Take an Uber to a Walmart or lfs if one is around and get a heater and air bubbler. Then get either a cheap 5gallon tank or tupperware big enough to hold your corals for the night in one tank and wont mind leaving in the hotel. Next morning take out all your coral and put them in one of those frag containers you can get at the show. Fly home no issues

Last edited:
Ooooh also if you get the frag containers at the show they are TSA approved and they should give you the TSA paperwork stating you can use this to transport live coral. I've been stopped 4 times at an airport and was told I could not bring the coral on the plane. I showed them the printout with their own rules and was let board the plane by a supervisor

Just saw this on TSA website

Live Coral​

Carry On Bags: Yes
Checked Bags: No
Live corals in water and a clear transparent container are allowed after inspection by the TSA officer.
For more prohibited items, please go to the 'What Can I Bring?' page.

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

Excellent thank you guys fir all the feedback. It’s greatly appreciated. If we end up driving I’ll bring a 10g or tote with Heater, air pump & powerhead abd feed them off a power inverter. So it all depends on how much on flights for us and maybe save more money and just rent a car and suck up the 19 hour ride times two lol

I looked up that building an obsession container, a little costly but it looks pretty sweet. Then again it is a lot cheaper than the frags it will hold.

I looked up that building an obsession container, a little costly but it looks pretty sweet. Then again it is a lot cheaper than the frags it will hold.

Awesome thank you for the feedback. A little steep in price but looks to be well worth the loot.

I'm grabbing a thermos style one while I'm down here in fl as I'm stopping by wwc. Does anyone have a link to the tca article saying I can bring live coral on? Do you think I need to have it printed out or could I show it on my phone to them?

I'm grabbing a thermos style one while I'm down here in fl as I'm stopping by wwc. Does anyone have a link to the tca article saying I can bring live coral on? Do you think I need to have it printed out or could I show it on my phone to them?
Scroll up for the link.

I'm nervous that the site says the TSA agent can choose to allow or not the corals on the plane. I would hate to spend a few hundred on coral and get a mean tsa agent that says no

I'm nervous that the site says the TSA agent can choose to allow or not the corals on the plane. I would hate to spend a few hundred on coral and get a mean tsa agent that says no
I agree that’s my thought as well. I might drive though and end up picking up any future purchases before I leave & I hope it all works my way.
what day are you heading to palooza @Joker Saturday or Sunday?

I agree that’s my thought as well. I might drive though and end up picking up any future purchases before I leave & I hope it all works my way.
what day are you heading to palooza @Joker Saturday or Sunday?
I'm not going to that event. I was just going to stop by wwc as I'm like 20min from the store

Back