Randy's Q&A at December BRS Meeting

Great meeting today Randy! You answered so many good questions I wish I had taken some notes. Definitely took some good mental ones though. You are definitely the best chemistry book we could ever hope to have access to. thanks again.

Thanks very much everyone!

I really enjoyed it and I'm glad you found it useful. maybe we can do it again next year or the one after that. :)

Since you weren't there, Cindy, I didn't go into your copper dust question, but I did a calculation and I do think it is worth worrying about it for any pipes near open tank water. Only 26 mg of copper would double the amount of copper in your 700 g tank system, assuming it starts where mine does around 10 ppb. I'm not sure how high you'd need to get before having problems, but I wouldn't want my copper to double.

Copper is also pretty dense, although the copper oxide/hydroxide dust is probably fluffed up. But 26 mg of copper as copper hydroxide is not much, about 1/100th of an mL (not accounting for fluffiness).

>maybe we can do it again next year or the one after that.<

If you're game Randy, I think we will plan on it.

Thank you so much, Randy. I will be more careful in my cleanup and pipe insulating. That is, if I ever get power back on :rolleyes:

Back