Spring Tank Tour 2005 - details and photos

Incredible and immaculate tanks everyone! Thanks Nuno for taking the time to take and post those pics. Sorry I missed it, when's the next one ;)?

I'm sorry I missed this one....what a beautiful set of pics - great job Nuno! And everyone's tanks looked awesome. I'm definitely going to make the next one...

Thanks for sharing the tour with us, Nuno! I feel like I was there!
Great of you to organize this Jackie.
LauraD

It was my pleasure:) But, it wouldn't have been possible without all of you!

NICE job Nuno, and the write-up is perfect. Thank you so much for taking the time:)

Not sure if this is possible, but can we make this a sticky somewhere, if only for a short while? I'm sure people will want to check it out for another week or so, and you know how threads get burried over time...just a thought.

Great job on the pics Nuno, I felt like I went on the tour myself.
smile.gif

A big thanks to Jackie for organizing, and a thank you to everyone who toured my tanks. I hope you enjoyed.

wow, I can't get enough of phreef's tank, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. and everyone had such beutifull tanks, I can't wait till mine is on the same level.

Thanks Jeff!! I think Nuno's pics made it look better than it really is, but your welcome to come by and see it for yourself if your ever in my area.

It's taken me the whole week to digest everything I saw on the tour last weekend. It has definately influenced the direction I'd like to go with my reef! I had never seen another reefers tank until recently. Totally different than seeing them in mags and the web, or even in a store for that matter.

Can't wait to do it again!!

-Patrick

Wow! What a collection of tanks! They all look great!

Just wondering if there will be a Part II with some behind the scene shots of some equipment, sumps, and fish rooms?

dedfish said:
Just wondering if there will be a Part II with some behind the scene shots of some equipment, sumps, and fish rooms?

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the equipment... I had charged the camera battery the night before, but something must have gone wrong and it started showing "low battery" at the second stop :mad: So from then on I tried to grab the pics I wanted as quickly as possible and turn off the camera... but maybe each person can add their own pics to this thread.

Nuno

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jackie for organizing a wonderful day. Another huge thank you to all the people who opened their houses to us. Also, Nuno your pictures are fantastic! I loved your closeups of my goby and sexy shrimp! Sorry I didn't send you my tanks specs or post a thank you earlier - I've been swamped at work and haven't had time in ages to browse the boards.
Thanks again everyone!

Sherry

p.s. the great idea of using zoas to cover powerheads comes from Paula. She is fantastic at reefing. When I bought her old tank I got the zoa encrusted powerheads.

Back