Spring Tank Tour 2005 - details and photos

Porites (?) :

Attachments

• 145_4538.jpg
    145_4538.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 494
The caravan drove the 26 miles (longest section of the tour) to Cindy's (~Flighty~) house in Windham NH, and we were greeted by a waving Cindy on the driveway -- which had to mean she was fortunately feeling better from her illness the day before.

tank: 120g
lights: 2x250W 10,000K HQI MH and 2x54W T5 Actinic, 2x175MH on refugium
sump: 100g + 75g refugium with mangroves and macro (in basement)
flow: 2 Tunze 6000 with 7095 controller
equipment: Ca Reactor, Skimmer

fish: 3 Randall's Anthias, 2 O.Clowns, Royal Gramma, Copperband Butterfly, Mandarin Dragonet, 2 B. Cardinals
corals: SPS, LPS, RBTA

The highlight of Cindy's tank is a magnificent Magnifica (aka Ritteri) anemone, which the pair of clownfish have obviously picked as their host. The anemone seems pretty happy dancing back and forth in the chaotic flow provided by the Tunze powerheads.

Attachments

• 145_4542.jpg
    145_4542.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Kevin's (Keving McG) place in Nashua, NH was the last stop on this tour...

By now, although we had been eating some delicious snacks that people along the way had graciously provided (in addition to an unhealthy amount of munchkins ;)), we were exhausted and famished... so nothing like seating down in Kevin's room and admiring his in-wall setup while eating pizza and sipping some wine!

tank: 180g
sump: 40g + 10g refugium
lights: 3x250w 10K, 4x25w actinics
flow: 2 Seio 1500; mag drive 12 (return)
equipment: Euro Reef 8-2 skimmer

fish: 1 Vlamingi unicorn tang, 1 Solorensis wrasse, 1 false percula, 2 scooter blennies, 1 flame hawkfish, 1 watchman goby, 2 green chromis

Attachments

• 145_4552.jpg
    145_4552.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 512
Miniature Vlamingi unicorn tang (this little guy is less than 2" long!) :

Attachments

• 145_4559.jpg
    145_4559.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 510
We left Kevin's at around 9pm... it was a very long but awesome day: lots of really nice tanks to see, great people to meet, and a lot to learn at every single stop.

Many thanks to Jackie for making this happen (and all without a glitch!) and to everyone who opened up their houses and showed their tanks.

Nuno

The pics had to be compressed a lot to stay under the 96KB limit that the forum imposes on uploaded attachments, but I tried to keep a large enough size (800 on the largest dimension) that people can use as wallpapers, etc.

I know someone will ask what camera I used ;), so here goes: it was a 2-year old compact digital camera, a Canon Powershot S50. I decided I should travel light this time :D

Nuno

great job nuno and thanks again jackie, i had a great time and saw some really great tanks

chris

Very nice job Nuno! What an enjoyable thread to read......Thanks to Jackie and all of the hosts for sharing with us too!

Nice write up; excellent pics (as usual).
This should be a very a very useful thread to both veterans and especially, new folks.

Back