Starphire aquarium size 72X24X30 -help please

swimsree

Non-member
I am just about to order Starphire(all 4 sides) glass aquarium size 72X24X30 that is 3/4 inch thick. So far I have two quotes , one from glass cages and another one from coasttocoast aquarium. Glass cages is a bit short of 3k and coasttocoast aquarium is 3400 without packing or delivery cost. I did my research on the cost but I am still confused . Can someone PLEASE shed some light on the range that I am talking about. Are these numbers fair? Or is it too much for what it is worth? :confused:

I WISH. My skill level when it comes to any DIY project = 0. I cant even fix a 10 gallon leaking tank. In two years, it will be an island tank.

I have heard mixed things about glass cages. Their prices are low compared to most of the other custom tanks I looked into though. I was looking for a custom size and contacted everyone you can think of. I wound up getting lucky when the kid at aquaaddicts found me a 60LX24WX30H Oceanic. Just when I was about to spend big bucks on a custom tank. I think it cost me just over a grand for a new tank. Hopefully someone on this forum has had a positive experience with a custom tank build.

Good for you. I did search locally but I guess I am not lucky as you are. I did notice a thread about glass cages and experience of a fellow reefers. But their price included shipping so I still have it in my list as of now. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have heard mixed things about glass cages. Their prices are low compared to most of the other custom tanks I looked into though. I was looking for a custom size and contacted everyone you can think of. I wound up getting lucky when the kid at aquaaddicts found me a 60LX24WX30H Oceanic. Just when I was about to spend big bucks on a custom tank. I think it cost me just over a grand for a new tank. Hopefully someone on this forum has had a positive experience with a custom tank build.

Short in length would be a problem with the space that I have for the tank. For $450, it is a great deal and I have looked at this thread at least 10 times already :) Thanks for writing.
I would be looking at this tank it's only 450 http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...arineland-deep-dimension-200-3-side-starphire

maybe not exactly what you are looking for But I guarantee it is cheaper to run being short in length. I wen from a 6' tank to a 5' for that exact reason cost cutting.
Saved me a lot, enough to keep me in the hobby

My input is check out the "starfire" glass from the other manufacturer.Fill your head with all that you can re:low iron glass.Then call.I have a glass cages tank w/ starfire and the glass is soft enough that even a maxi jet aimed at the glass from 18" away will web(micro scratches) the glass.Don't Think I would do it again for a 120.

Back