The Beginning of a New Softy's Tank. pictures to see the progress.

Ronnie

Non-member
OK some people know that I sold all my SPS in my son's room (months ago when everything looked good). I wanted to take the tank down do to over working the last couple of months, but the wife said no. So I just replace the old 75 gallon non RR with a new 75RR tank. Thank's to Bigdog Eric, Clownout Eric, and Steve for the help and removal of stuff. I removed all the softy's from the 120 more or less and placed it upstairs. Today I trimmed the xenia and moved a big colt upstairs here is what it looks like. Some softy's are not open from moving them when they do there is no gaps looks cool. Need to add sand. White this time ect.. ect.. ect.. hope you enjoy plus I took the pictures with my old camera. Now I have room in the 120 for SPS. LOL Thank you for looking and let the madness begin.

Ronnie

Attachments

• tank-002.jpg
    tank-002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 387
  • tank-005.jpg
    tank-005.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 535
  • tank-001.jpg
    tank-001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 381
  • tank-003.jpg
    tank-003.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 373
  • tank-004.jpg
    tank-004.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 375
All most makes me wanna change my tank and go with a all softie tank...All most! lol very well done.:D

Thank you for all the kind words. 120 is under renovation I have some pictures up more to come soon.

looks sweet man i'm just getting started and only have 2 frags in my tank hope I can get mine looking that sweet! any advice for the beginner besides take my time I know that's important :)

not to be a negative nelly, but aren't you concerned about having a hippo and purple tang in a 75 long term? The tank looks absolutely fantastic by the way

The RBTA doesn't sting anything?
I have not seen any signs of it yet. It seems the leather will make the rose move if not happy been a while 4 months. You never know what can happen.

one of the better softies ive seen haha
Thank you, very much do a search and see my old softy's tank.

looks sweet man i'm just getting started and only have 2 frags in my tank hope I can get mine looking that sweet! any advice for the beginner besides take my time I know that's important :)
All depends which route you want to take. I would pick your animals and then meet there needs. Water changes, water changes, water changes, I do it every week. also stay on a routine dosing ect. ect. and don't change it. If you have any questions you can PM me. Good Luck on this madness we call reefing.

not to be a negative nelly, but aren't you concerned about having a hippo and purple tang in a 75 long term? The tank looks absolutely fantastic by the way
I run it like a european system berlin style big skimmer. As for having a hippo and a purple tang in a 75 not concern I ran a hippo and a yellow in my 75 for ten + years reason I removed the Hippo was because it became a coral eater. I tried putting the purple in my 120 with a powder blue and that PB was not having it special that it was 3 times smaller than the purple Tang also the clowns in my 120 hate new fish. For reference i have 3 fish in my 120 and 18 + fish in my 75. I can not explain it but I've learned every fish has its own personality. So that means you might see things that your not suppose to do and there is always the safe way but you never know long term what might happen hell I had a clown that loved clams after I removed the flame angel I realized it was the clown biting the mantel. Never take anything negative posting something like that is a learning experience for new reefers and old.

Back