Thinking of setting up a remote show refuge.

s_kelley

BRS Member
I built a stand to keep my cal reactor and co2 bottle in and its just begging to have something put on top of it. I dont have any room under my tank and was thinking of setting up a small cube as a remote show fuge. Anyone have something set up like this that could share pics or design setups?
My sump has cheato and calupera(spelling?) growing in it but id like to be able to aquascape and have other things in it like a few seahorses or maybe a cool looking frogfish, just not enough space down there to enjoy it though.
The stand is right next to my tank and I could easily plumb a small tank in i think.
Any pics or suggestions would be appreciated, Im still in planning mode
Thanks,
Shane

Well... I was thinking about the same thing.. since I have all of those tank drill ---- I was thinking of using one of the tank as a refuge ... or plumb another tank for such .. BUT i don't know if this is a good idea or not.. since you bring it up .. would like to hear more people comment about this thread!

Not exactly what you have but figured I'd throw in a pic of my new setup. Originally had a 55g sump/fuge then upgraded my DT and ended up with a spare 90g so I plumbed it in for an additional sump/fuge. Needs rock and everything else. Was also thinking of designating a section for frags etc. but now you've given me some more ideas:D

SDC11066.jpg

SDC11059.jpg

Very nice. Can u describe your setup. How is it plumbed and stuff or a couple pics of plumbing and pumps. I'm still planning. Your fuge looks like what I pictured doing. Did u build the tank or buy it?

Very nice. Can u describe your setup. How is it plumbed and stuff or a couple pics of plumbing and pumps. I'm still planning. Your fuge looks like what I pictured doing. Did u build the tank or buy it?

the fuge is fed by my mag 7 witch feeds my DT, just used a T to split off a lil water to run to the fuge. then the water is gravity fed back to sump. I got this idea from the input of other BRS members. The tank was built by a local reefer.

Back