Unique Aquaria

jdeb101

Non-member
I shot B an email yesterday asking if I could stop by after work to check the new place out and grab some CUC. The location is super easy to get to, just 2 minutes off the highway located in an industrial park which has much better parking than the old Boston location. I walk in the door and one of my first thoughts was "this is it?" as I only see 3-4 various sized display tanks and a bunch of dry goods. B and two other guys were quick to greet me and explain what the plans are for the store. Luckily the entrance room wasn't all they had to offer. Off to the right and straight back appears to be where they will be offering even more dry goods (and I saw what appeared to soon be a huge turtle / reptile tank?). "Ok, good to know they have a wide selection of dry goods to offer" again I was thinking in my head, but "where's the livestock?". Then FoxyB tell me to check out the supply closet to the left. I walk in and... "WOW" is all I can say. Tons and tons of tanks! They were all pretty much empty, granted the store hasn't officially opened yet, but once this room... err... "supply closet" :) is fully stocked it is going to be amazing! It's going to be bigger than any of the other LFS's around. In the very back they did have three long setups with various corals ready to go. I held back my urge to buy something and just picked up what I came for.

Besides my positive review of the soon to be amazing store, what's going to be just as amazing or better is the service they offer. B's customer service has always been way above and beyond just a friendly greeting at the door (which sadly some LFS lack). If it wasn't for B's friendly approach and helpful advice back in his days at Aquarium Gallery when I first started this hobby I may not have still been reefing today. Anytime I had a question about a fish, ways to combat an algae outbreak, a product, etc., he was always willing to take the time and share his knowledge and experience to help me through it. Sadly it was a bit harder to get that from him when he was working in Boston, but this was due to how busy that shop was (especially weekends is when I visited) than his unwillingness. But with appointment only visits during the week in Woburn I will finally get to pick his brain again! :p My first impression of his staff is that they also have just as good of a CS attitude, passion for the hobby, and friendly approach.

I've been waiting years for a LFS close to my home/work and the wait looks like it will be well worth it. I can't wait until it's fully up and running. I'm going to have to find a second job now, thanks a lot B! lol

Back