Unique aquaria

weyfirstreef

Non-member
(content removed,first hand experiences only)

In jan 2012 over a several week period I made a decision to convert to a reef.
I spent lots of time and money I. The boston store I have been in the hobby for decades and appreciate tge value of the lfs and there knowledge. So I made the decision to spend more support the lfs and expect the service to go with it.
In this time frame I could.have easily taken a family of 4 to Jamaica all inclusive for a week.

Lets say the premium to purchase locally instead of online could have paid my mortgage.

The info I got was great the help in selecting the correct equipment was very good as well.

But a few things really got me
I went to pick up a very large skimmer I.had ordered to they tune of a few hundred dollars, ultimately I was given the wrong skimmer. When B found this out the next day his response was since I used it he could not take it back and I maybe able to sell it online. But he not charge me for the correct one wbich arrived today.

No big deal I.kept both but strike one

Less than two months later a fan on my $700 ATI fixture broke I told b about it and his intial response was I would have to contact the manufacturer directly. During the same conversation my level of disappointment in that response after spending 5 figures with him become apparent and he ultimately got me the part but wod have ti charge labor if I needed him ti do it. I u.screwed.the two screws myself. Strike two

Honestly I forget the exact details of the third strike but it was during a phone conversation after vistiing the new location when b was not there but his amazing staff was.

This store is a perfect case of the staff is better than The owner because he cannot see past the pennies ti the dollars.

I never returned again double my system to over 700 gallons and purchase nearly everthing online including fish.

Stick with the clubs for info and online for product.

B its chris and my phone number is 617 594 2950

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by a moderator:
I di not know it was the wrong skimmer at the time I picked it up. I setup the skimmer they gave me and b picked it out so I had never seen it or even new the model etc.

I di not know it was the wrong skimmer at the time I picked it up. I setup the skimmer they gave me and b picked it out so I had never seen it or even new the model etc.

The Phoenix will not rise anyway. I am done with it.

(reference to deleted discussion post removed)
Most of our customers are good customers...and we are happy to have you...and then there are other customers ...like Chris.
Some customers are just not worth bending over backwards for...or what you do for every other customer is just not good enough for them... or customers out there that expect you to kiss their a**...and there are even customers that are down right rude and ridiculous. There are all types...and we definitely keep the customers we want, and don't put up with BS from ones we don't...I may have a strange way of running my business but it has worked well for over 20 years, and we are very happy with our upcoming growth (announcement soon)
It is funny that Chris would say I need to look past the pennies...cause if he actually took the time to know me or us...he would really know that I/we do not do this for the money at all....how could you there is no money in this type of business....(have not taken a pay check in over a year) I give more away to customers than I make in profit...I am just fortunate enough to be able to do what I love for a living
And yes as the owner I take the blame and brunt of it which it absolutely fine...have no problem with that...But your first two strikes are with policies (one of them set by the manufacturer) not really with me...I can understand you are upset with a policy...but that is not me...unless you are expecting me to just disregard the policy and because I did not, you are faulting me...I see. So what you are really saying is because you did not get special treatment above and beyond what anyone else would expect or receive...I am a greedy bad person, and now have two strikes against me and our business????? and you can't even remember the third strike????

This is my point exactly....do you see what I have to deal with....

Some discussion was removed from this thread as per VE forum specific rules.

Bob R.
BRS moderator

Wow, all my experience with B over 10+ years has been nothing but positive. I find him very reasonable, fair and works within manufacturer guidelines. I bought a $529 ATI 6x24 dimmable fixture and $130 worth of bulbs. I blew a ballast at two months. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a ballast which I changed it myself.

Gotta chime in here and say all my experiences with B and his staff have been top notch. Discussion removed

More discussion removed. Please refer to the vendor experiences rules before posting in this forum. Direct personal experience is allowed, discussion is not.

Everyone hates it when we have a forced read sticky with the VE forum rules, please don't make us do that again.

John K BRS moderator

Now you've done it. Another post was deleted because it was purely discussion. Enjoy the forced read again :(

John K BRS moderator

Back