what are u using for mech filtration

nemogonecrazy said:
just wondering what people are using to get that nice crisp clean look?

Tim do you mean no particulates or just the icy blue look.
-Liam.

Wouldn't the crystal clean look usually be the result of having overflows and excellent protein skimmers?

Kent

I use an Aqua Supreme 500, helps remove particulates, and is an excellent source for flow.

Crystal clean crisp look = CARBON ;)

i think most people do not use mechanical filtration. but i don't see why it would hurt if you used it every once in a while to remove particulates.

TheUltimateNoob said:
i think most people do not use mechanical filtration. but i don't see why it would hurt if you used it every once in a while to remove particulates.

A filter sock or piece of foam in the sump is mechanical filtration,i would think most people have one or the other of these.
Don't they??

Rays said:
I use an Aqua Supreme 500, helps remove particulates, and is an excellent source for flow.

Crystal clean crisp look = CARBON ;)

Carbon is going to remove water discoloration, but not particulates... correct?

Kent

I use carbon in a mesh bag in my Aquaclear filter. That's only because everything is HOB on my current tank. In my new tank, I'll be using carbon in a mess bag in the sump.

Kent, The mech filtration is for removal of particulates, but I mostly use it for a good flow. As Daire does, I put my carbon "sock" in the Aquaclear, thus
crystal clear = carbon (the use of) :)

Back