Who is using Stockman standpipes?

I used them until I switched to the submerged drain method and I like that a lot better. Look for "ditched my durso" thread for more info.

I use them on my display and one of my sumps. They work great, only advice, make sure you increase the stand pipe size at least one pipe size greater than the bulkhead.

Ie - a 1" bulkhead should use at least a 1.25" standpipe with a 2" slip to prevent suction at the water surface.

I used them until I switched to the submerged drain method and I like that a lot better. Look for "ditched my durso" thread for more info.

This is basically what I run now (slightly different, but close enough), don't really care for the tuning that is always neccesary. Keeping water levels spot on is a pain for me. It is functional however, a year and a half with only minor problems, but it is just not for me.

I use them on my display and one of my sumps. They work great, only advice, make sure you increase the stand pipe size at least one pipe size greater than the bulkhead.

Ie - a 1" bulkhead should use at least a 1.25" standpipe with a 2" slip to prevent suction at the water surface.

I had read about the importance of this configuration, but thanks for the heads up.

Anyone else???

Back