Yay, it holds water!!!!

Jeff.:P

Non-member
It wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. Luckily there's plenty of info out there(http://www.melevsreef.com & rc). It held water over last night, no leaks, phew. Couldn't of done it without my buddie's router table/planer and beer. I might still put some top bracing on there after I get my skimmer to make sure everything fits nice. A couple more items to purchase and my tank should be running soon. Slowly but surely everything is coming together. :rolleyes:

2415480000_605d8c9cd2.jpg

A couple more items to purchase and my tank should be running soon.
Slowly but surely everything is coming together. :rolleyes:

Finished Product
2414639747_1f2d402251.jpg

incredible....

...is 3" of sand enough for DSB benefits? I thought minimum was around 4"....

That came out sweet! How are you going to fit all those palm trees in the fuge though?

Thanks guys!

:p They only had a couple 2-d plant symbols in my CAD, it was either that or Pine trees. :)

Looks great,but where's the picture to support the title of this thread?

I had to bring up stairs, hence no water, but I hope to have it filled with water,LR,LS and in the stand within a month.

...is 3" of sand enough for DSB benefits? I thought minimum was around 4"....

I think 4" is the required minimum, which I think I'm going have to do, just doesn't leave much room for LR, and macro's. Unfortunetly I don't have much room under the display, which dictated the height of the sump.

Am I better off with 1-2" sand base (miracle mud) with lots of LR and Macros or 4" DSB with LR and macros on top?

Thanks for the comments, couldn't of done it with out BRS.

Are you going to have a CUC to keep the coconuts under control?

haha, I'm gonna get some coconut crabs to keep it in top shape..:D

coconut-crab.jpg

Last edited:
DUDE!!! I have never seen one of those before and now I am going to have nightmares. That sucker is creepy!!!

I think 4" is the required minimum, which I think I'm going have to do, just doesn't leave much room for LR, and macro's. Unfortunetly I don't have much room under the display, which dictated the height of the sump.

Am I better off with 1-2" sand base (miracle mud) with lots of LR and Macros or 4" DSB with LR and macros on top?

Going back to this, does anyone have any opinions in what would be best for the tank? Thanks in advance..

Doh, I already got one, I'm taking him out for a walk right now.

I think I'm gonna go with a 2" sand bed, loads of LR, macro's, and see how that plays out.

Back