best place to buy aqurium buckets?

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
this is probaly pretty random but i'm looking to get like 5 gallon buckets because i need to get R/O water from my lps. so i'l like probaly 6 or 7 5 gallon buckets.

anywere you guys know about around concord or laciona area?
maybe online?

i dont want to go in with 30, 1 gallon jugs :D

thanks guys

There have been questions raised about the orange HD buckets not being reef safe. I don't think there is any evidence that there IS a problem with the orange buckets, but if you call the mfg they will tell you they can't promise that they are safe.

Personally I have one or two that I've used for tank maintence and such for yrs and never had a problem that I was aware of. That said, just get the white ones.

If you are going to invest in buckets, I would suggest first thinking twice about actually just buying an RODI unit, and if you can't talk yourself into that, maybe consider shelling out a few extra $$ for water jugs insted of buckets. IIRC walmart sells some blue-green ones for not much more than $5 each (camping section), and they may be a lot easier to deal with (and drive with) than buckets.

I found 7gallon, blue, drinking water grade containers at Wal-Mart in the Camping supply section. They have a built in, removeable cap with a spout. Also, I found the molded botton allows easier handling. Think they were about 7-10$ each. Sure beats slurping water in 5g buckets.

Yea, those are the exact jugs I was thinking of.

If it's even a remote possibility to buy a RODI unit, then check out the used equipment classifieds. Great deals on RODI units seem to come up almost every week.

Another option if you must use buckets are to ask around at a Dunkin Donuts. They sometimes have extra buckets and they are food grade obviously. One bucket I got had a slick little spigot on the bottom.

My father owns a few Dunkins and I run one. I can save a few if you want them and you can pick them up at a meeting, if you plan on going to any. I use them for maintence all the time.

i work at dunkin dounts in tilton NH, but we dont deal with buckets.....

what dunkin buckets do you use?

We have the frosting buckets, and if you want bigger buckets we have the one that have the RTU Glaze in them. For the RTU glaze ones I will need to go to the donut kitchen and see what I can get

i looked ast RODI units. im not sure what to look for. also how does that hook to the water system? im an electrican not a plummer :p

as for buckets would lowels work? they are $3 ish the bucket and $1 for the lid. i would get like 3. just for water untill i can get the ( RODI unit ) depending on cost, materal needed to hook it up, how it works, and how much it costs to keep it going...

See these suppliers for RODI;

www.airwaterice.com
www.bulkreefsupply.com
www.buckeyefieldsupply.com

I use an airwaterice typhoonIII. IMO a great deal for the $$.

Also, FWIW aquaaddicts in salem nh carries the bulkreef and AWI products on the shelf and priced at online prices. Last time I stopped in, they had a typhoonIII on the shelf. (support your LFS, don't pay mass sales tax, and don't pay shipping :) )

that's a haul to go to jays for water. i defiantly want to head down there sometime but I'm not sure if i want to for water.

i may just get 3 of the 6 gallon water ones at walmart for 9$ each and make 2 or 3 trips to the lps for water, then later down the road get a RODI system.

Back