2014/15 Official BRS Chalice Growout

Mine did the stn thing over a month ago, but I still have it. It's actually trying to spread over the injured area now. Maybe yours will come back too.

My frag still has two eyes and doesn't seem to be RTN'ing any further... a snail/crab knocked it between some rocks 4-5 days ago, still getting light, so I'm leaving it where it is. Seems happy/ok there.

KidsX frag still has 2-3 eyes, not sure how long that will last.

I've got like one more eye but colors are great. Hard to capture the true color, it's intense red now

Well I might be out. Over the weekend a snail knocked it over upside down in the sand bed. Went all weekend like that. Looks white but we will see if any life comes back.

15.jpg

Mine took a bad hit in December, but it's trying to grow back.

Mine has grown 2 more eyes. Total 11 eyes

SAME PICTURE BUT EDITED IN POWERPOINT......SEE ARROWS.....ONE ARROW IS BLACK.

THIS IS HOW IT IS GROWING

Last edited:
Here's mine as of today. I did a rough count and counted at least 10 eyes.

Growout Frag 2_26_15.jpg

Tank has been neglected since our first blizzard but hopefully it'll bounce back.

I have eleven eyes, I need to take 4 pictures to show them all. But here is one for the month of Feb.
febgrow.jpg

It's been a little while since I posted up. My frag is still alive and has 7 eyes. I will try to post a pic this week.

12 eyes total with what looks like 3 more starting but here are some pictures, wish the damn thing was flat.

lowerlefteye.jpgtop9eyes.jpgsideeyes.jpg

13-14 eyes currently showing 9 and more on the side I cannot get a photo very good, at the end I will pick up and revolve and photos while holding it if need be. If I can only get the new one next to it to start growing now :)

001 (475x317).jpg

Hello reefer contestants :)

I will have this thread tallied up with who's in and how many eyes TODAY :)

Sorry for the delay, lifes been hectic and crazy lately.

Deadline for this contest will be April 6th, and then the winner will be anounced shortly after that.

Post #22 has been updated :cool:

For future BRS Growouts, we will be looking for a BRS member to volunteer and help out with keeping track of growth and updating the growout thread.

If anybody is interested please pm me and we can go from there :.

We all know due to my lack of posting I am out. My entire tank looks like I farm aptasia and bryopsis. There are a couple of unhappy fish in there and that's it.

Awesome guys :)

EYES EYES EYES :single_eye:

Starting eyes / As of Now eyes

01. Jason = 1
02. DBleite = ?
03. Bdaley = 2 / 12
04. dilligaf = out
05. Flame Angel = out
06. MrX = 3 / 3
07. TurboSnail = out
08. nemodan = 4 / 11
09. cstmpprl = out