Electric Bill

uhupong

BRS Member
As im a new home owner. Im just wondering what do you guys pay for electric bill ? Please list

1. Your light fixture setup(250w MH,led , etc)
2. Energy type in your house. (Gas, Oil , etc etc)

Mine was $250 last month.
Oil heating system, electric stove, 2 central AC and 2 Radion fixtures

Thx

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

200 gallon tank with ~600W of metal halide(I run my 250W in HQI mode and draw close to 300W) and 160W of T5s.
Force hot air with natural gas.
With the house kept at 69, my bill was $220 and that's the higher. I up the temperature to 72 and the AC work less and the bill is $180.

Before I do any tank upgrade, I always check the calculator and make sure I can handle the tank.
http://reefcentral.com/index.php/tank-electrical

wanna trade ? I run 5 or 6 250's a 300 watt return pump , 2 gyres 2 RW 20's a cheapo Led over fuge and 2 spotlights for my algae scrubber . also heaters and a chiller yeah I have a disease lol roughly $350 a month

mine is somewhere between $175 $225 500w MH 108w T-5 return pump Mak4 80w Euro reef 12-1 80w.

Forced hot air, natural gas. I use window units and built a pocket door into the room the Display is in so I could limit cooling to that room only to save money.

Wow Greg I must be doing something wrong. My bill is three hundred every month with a 40 gal tank. Gas heat and dryer. I am on a mission now.

Mine is around 240. Thats with oil heat and water. Electric everything else. So ur around the same as me.

Mine is between $100-$130 with a radion pro and 4 T5's. Everything else is gas and that's included in the rent

Thx guys. Look like 250 is not that bad.

You are fine, I don't even want to see my electricity bill.

$85-100 if I run my AC all the time at 69-71. $20-25 if I don't run it. 60g tank: 1 Kessil, return pump, 2 power heads, 1 heater, 1 sump light, and a 10g hospital tank.

Anyone think of installing Solar panels?

There is a recent thread on here about someone installing them

Back