Good growth on cap?

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
Is this good growth for a monti cap

ed06f9658abb37ca0eacff5e5f3336bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very good growth. First pic show die off and the second show it has healed and grown a little

I'd say yes. As it grows, it will seem to grow faster as SPS grows from the edges. the more of an edge it has, the more it can grown per unit of time.

Cool guys wasn't too sure if it was average slow or fast. My acros are just encrusting. Not growing outward at all

Give the Acros time, once they are happy with their footing they will sprout. I was also fun to watch that happen with my Bonzi's.

Cool guys wasn't too sure if it was average slow or fast. My acros are just encrusting. Not growing outward at all

Acropora frags encrust first prior to growing outwards to first form a secure base and strong foothold. Once the frag plug is mostly/fully encrusted, you will then see a spurt of growth outwards.
Sometimes both happen simultaneously also like in my case with my tricolor acro.

I would say that montipora is growing above average/fast rate. Great healing on it and to both heal and grow within 2 months should be a great sign of things to come for it.

Back