In the beginning (Again)

that is a sleek looking tank

Yeah, me likey too!

Is that the Gray coast sand you told me about....... looks awesome!

It is, I think it looks real sharp w/ the Black stand & Black silicone.

nice. pressure, pressure.

Kevin, are you doing the manufacturer recommended setup with the nanoballs and all the standard filtration?

Yup, pressures on Scott although I did an unfair advantage. No nanoballs here. :D

+1 ... Looks great Kevin. :D

Thanks Scott.

I'm reluctant to use them. So what are you using? standard setup minus the nanoballs? mini-refugium in there with some chaeto?

Yeah, just the skimmer at the moment. I will throw some cheato in the back in a week or so. I'm going to have a light bio-load so I'm not to worried. I wouldn't use the little bioballs if I were you.

Get the door working?

Yeah, just the skimmer at the moment. I will throw some cheato in the back in a week or so. I'm going to have a light bio-load so I'm not to worried. I wouldn't use the little bioballs if I were you.

Get the door working?

I did get the door working, though with my own hinges.
It's ok, it was an upgrade to some nice stainless ones.

I'm right on your heels.

I'm right on your heels.

... and the wheels are off and I'm in a ditch.

We decided to put the Solana in my office which sorely needs wallpaper removed and a paint job. Can't in a right mind put a tank in before taking care of that.

At least now I've got strong incentive to finally get that done!

Looking sweet Kevin... I love that MH light looks so sleek and modern... The black sand is going to look the bomb... That would sure make an awesome acan only tank :p

Kevin I've been slackin on my BRS for a few months but why did you break down the 150?.{sorry if that question opens up an old wound}

Looking sweet Kevin... I love that MH light looks so sleek and modern... The black sand is going to look the bomb... That would sure make an awesome acan only tank :p

Well cans, rics, zoas, and a nice teardrop anyways.

Kevin I've been slackin on my BRS for a few months but why did you break down the 150?.{sorry if that question opens up an old wound}

Well not really an old wound, the tank was really thriving and I was having very good success with SPS but it was taking a toll on me with some other personal stuff going on so it had to go. It was a lot of work but I do miss it.

Last edited:
Day 2

Day 3 with water, the cloud has lifted and I'm getting excited.

Trites - Undetectable
Trates - Trace
Amonia - Trace
SG - 1.025
Life - Trace :)
PH - Have not checked it yet

DSCF4281.jpg

Last edited:
...and so the fun begins.....AGAIN!!!! Slick looking display Kev!

Thanks, it is fun isn't it, much more fun than trying to tweak a reactor.

Nice clean setup, with some more breathing room :)

Well I did increase my volume by x3. :D

Very nice Kev! She will be schweet lookin in no time!! :)

I'm excited, thanks Tab.

So today brings a few feather dusters, Two snails that must of hitched a ride from Pod-rock. LIFE! :)

I'm really starting to like the look of the Solana Cubes...rimless is sweet! The whole setup is looking amazing!

Back