June BRS meeting/cookout

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Remember, the BRS schedule for the year is always available if you like to plan things a head of time (stuck to the top of the Reef Talk forum). The closer the date, the more likely the information is to be accurate.

The June meeting will be a cookout/party at Cindy (~Flighty's~) house in Windham, NH, June 30th Sat.

More details will follow, but the get together will likely be spanning the afternoon hours.

Edit by Flighty to add details so they are easier to find
WHEN and WHERE:

The June meeting will be a cookout/party at Cindy (~Flighty's~) house

75 Kendall Pond Rd,
Windham, NH 03087
June 30th Sat.

The schedule is pretty loose on this meeting. People will probably start showing up at Cindy's by 11 AM or so, the catered portion of lunch will not be ready until about 1 PM or so.

What to bring: This is bring your own beverage, but please be responsible. There should be sufficient food for all (particularly if folks respond to this poll), but if you'd like to bring your own favorite dish to share, please do so.

Who should come:

New members are welcome to come, and join at the meeting. Don't hesitate on coming just because you don't know many people. Many of us (at least the officers and BOD) will be wearing our name tags, and will be glad to introduce you to plenty of folks. Actually this is the best meeting of the year to get to know other members.

Children will be welcome to attend. There will be many there, and we will likely have stuff for them to do, might want to bring bathing suits for 'em (hermit crab races?, wading pools? slip and slide?).

Cost: If you plan to partake in the catered food, we request a donation of $5 per person or $15 per family (see the menus below)

Rain Date:

We will have a large tent set up to provide additional shade, and shelter in case of rain. NO RAIN DATE ON THIS, the meeting is rain or shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
if this turns out anything like last year it should be a great time.
and all i have to say is if there is another octopus moe better be there to taste it :D :p ;)

I will be there, and I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing a special old tyme BRS guy who has not been seen in these parts for a while now.

David and I plan on going. We'll be late as I have to work but I'll try to sneak out early enough to get there before the beer is gone, uh, I mean, everyone's gone.:rolleyes: :D Our first ever BRS meeting was at Cindy's last year.:)

Cindy's must have a huge yard. She doesn't mind having what we average as 150 people:eek:

Props to Cindy:)

David and I plan on going. We'll be late as I have to work but I'll try to sneak out early enough to get there before the beer is gone, uh, I mean, everyone's gone.:rolleyes: Our first ever BRS meeting was at Cindy's last year.:)

Ahh, yes ... Cindy's good times, I remember sitting on the couch waiting for someone named Gina and Dave...and yes they showed up late as the goo party got in high gear with the Octi in the blender... LOL:D

Yes, it's a great time and Cindy is a great host, I'll be there.:p

Last edited:
Is it alright if i bring my dog, i don't think i can leave him at home for a very very long time. Unless this meetup is only a couple of hours. How long do these get togethers usually last?

Cindy (~Flighty~) already has a couple of dogs - you may want to ask her directly.

Is it alright if i bring my dog, i don't think i can leave him at home for a very very long time. Unless this meetup is only a couple of hours. How long do these get togethers usually last?
Please no dogs. We are sending ours to a kennel for the day so we don't have to worry about them.

This is an unusual meeting since it is a cookout. Last year people came and went from 11 until pretty late, so you certainly could stop by for a few hours and get back to your animals.

hmmm ok thanks. how late do people get there, the kennels around where i am don't accept new dogs on saturday and aren't really open for pick up on sunday without some major charges.
I may be able to leave him with someone for the day if i plan to get there around 1pm.

Last edited:
Ahh, yes ... Cindy's good times, I remember sitting on the couch waiting for someone named Gina and Dave...and yes they showed up late as the goo party got in high gear with the Octi in the blender... LOL:D

LOL! I just noticed this!:D Yup, that's the downside to having to work Saturdays when you're a reefer, I miss most BRS meetings!:( And when I do go (when I sneak out early), I have to get there late.:rolleyes:

hmmm ok thanks. how late do people get there, the kennels around where i am don't accept new dogs on saturday and aren't really open for pick up on sunday without some major charges.
I may be able to leave him with someone for the day if i plan to get there around 1pm.

There is always the Petshotel inside petsmart in Framingham. Someone is ther 24hours and I believe they offer pick up!

More details about the cookout. A member of the club (Pillowfish) it turns out is also a professional cook and has offered to cook the food for the entire club, as a gift to the club!! She's already cooked for a few members to rave reviews. So, what this means for the party.....the party will now be a 'catered' event. We are asking that folks at the party donate a nominal $ amount ($5/per person, or $15/per family) to help offset the cost of the foods. People are also encouraged to bring their own special dish to share if they would like to, but there is no requirement at all to do so. If you are bringing something you might list it below so everyone does not bring the same item. We will have plates, silverware, etc. available. You are also encouraged to bring your favorite beverages. Many people plan to bring their kids and it sounds like there will be plenty of kids to run around wild with. We may have some water type activities for them if it's warm.

The menu is below:

· Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Cornbread
· Caramelized Onion and Thyme Foccacia

· Fresh Fruit and Cheese Platter with Crackers
· Mediterranean Appetizers
-Taboulleh
-Hummus
- Greecian Olives
-Toasted Pita Triangles
· Mixed Greens with Lemon and Mint Vinaigrette

· Coriander and Ginger Rubbed Grilled Hanger Steak
· Grilled Chicken Skewers