My cats paw is white????

lilrodyreefer

Non-member
So made the switch from the 29g cube to the 75g beast. All my corals switched over fine. No problems at all....except my cats paw went from a lovely pink and purple to stark white. So my question is if a coral bleached out the polyps would die of as well? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311384708.674464.jpg
I don't get it. It's the only problem that I have had since the switch. Any help would be awesome.

Try a few target feedings, and it will color up again. As long as the polyps are extended you have a chance of saving it. I've had my leathers and cabbages bleach in the past while on vacation, and they recovered within a couple of weeks.

Definitely, a lot of corals can survive bleaching. Food can sustain some corals alone when bleached. Also, it helps to keep it in a lower light area, with good flow and move it back slowly as the color comes back.

as long as there is flesh (which yours has), it will prob be fine...just got real stressed

Another Suggestion would be to Shade it, I had an Acro bleach out the same way, I added 3x the dosage of iodide and shaded it for a week and it came right back.

Another Suggestion would be to Shade it, I had an Acro bleach out the same way, I added 3x the dosage of iodide and shaded it for a week and it came right back.

I wouldn't add iodine unless I tested for it and our hobbyist test kits aren't the most accurate for iodine.

Back