Saturday, April 11th Taunton, Michael Tlusty

:)Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members(family friendly environment):)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on Saturday April 11th, 2015 noon to 4:00pm, NO PATRIOTS FOOTBALL THIS DAY-THE SUPERBOWL IS OVER AND THEY WERE VICTORIOUS!!!

The location is: Taunton VFW Post#611 , 82 Ingell Street, Taunton, MA 02780

"Aquarium roles in conservation and culture" or "marine ornamentals"

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**

12:00-Socializing/Membership Registration/Greeting
12:15-Michael Tlusty - "Aquarium roles in conservation and culture" or "marine ornamentals"
1:15-Break for lunch
3:30-Raffle
3:45-Frag Trading/Socializing

Water testing link

Fish Goo Link

Meeting Sponsors - Aqua Dreams

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date.

**THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

GOPR0865_zpsh6qegluj.jpg

Dr Michael Tlusty has been at the New England Aquarium for 15 years where he has been working on making a case for the strength of a home aquarium hobby. He works on many programs to incorporate sustainability into the aquatic wildlife trade. Over a decade ago, Michael published one of the preeminent papers on the wild and aquaculture production of ornamental fish, and this has been the basis for much advancement in the industry. In this talk, he will discuss how a mixed strategy can be used to create a verdant source of ornamental fish and corals.

Prior to joining the aquarium, Michael worked to determine the environmental carry capacity of salmon in Newfoundland Canada. Prior to that he studied the use of space around the nest by three spine stickleback in Alaska, and dwarf gourami (a laboratory study during graduate school). In addition to ornamental fish issues, Michael also works on increasing the sustainability of seafood, as well as the interplay of nutrition and disease in American lobsters.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Bostonians, A baseball cap over your head and beer in your belly sounds more like it.

Im going to try to make it to.my first meeting as a paid member, ive watched the growout forums on here before and interested in taking part, do you have to buy the frag at the meeting? If so how much?

I've been here for a few years now and I may have to attend for my first meeting and become a paid member, thanks to Chris

man i wish I could make it, if only to participate in the growout competition, ....
Can I send somebody to "replace" me? I'll be out of town, ...

Hi guys, unfortunately we have to postpone the growout competition for another meeting.

Aqua Dreams will be sponsoring this meeting with a table of reefing goodness!

We'll post up some raffle prizes soon.

Alberto from Aqua Dreams will have a bunch of frags for this mmeting.

He will also be DONATING 2x Morse Code Maroon Clownfish and 2x Spotcintus Clownfish (pics to follow)

:applause: Thank you Aqua Dreams!!!

Back