Southdown Order Anyone?

Sir Hoggas

Non-member
I talked to a couple of my landscape vendors today about getting a pallett. Will know more tomorrow on price but it looks like $6.00 a bag right now. Guaging interest... I need 6 bags looking to move 44 more...Kevin

I'd definitely take 10-15 bags which brings you to your 44. I also have a pickup and can help getting them around if need be.

Last edited:
I saw that Penman's pallet was gone and that others still needed some including me, so I did a little digging. Will inform all interested later today as to availability and final price.

I will be picking it up in Sudbury, and can make available for pickup in Waltham or Rockport.

Update: I convinced North East Nursery on rt 1 in Peabody to order 2-3 pallets and that I would keep it posted in our forum. Dennis said it would cost no more than $6.00 per bag. He is clear that we want Yardright/Southdown tropical play sand. It may take 2-3 weeks for delivery. I know I need mine yesterday too... I am working one other vendor in Sudbury but I doubt delivery time will be any sooner.

So, I will start a new thread when sand arrives. Dennis has my phone # and will call when NE. Nursery stock comes in. If my Sudbury connection pans out, I will post.
In any event, it seems I have created a new source for sand for our North Shore club members. Thanks all.

Good Luck with the sand. I know the demand is out there. Our pallet sold in less than two hours. If I still have our waiting list, I will let them know about this. We had requests for 20 bags that are not on your list. Agway was $5.00 plus the tax.

Last edited:
Kevin, I was just using the sand calculator on RC. I know how many lbs I need....how many lbs per bag are they? I've never used Southdown before, so I'm not sure how big they are.

Thanks!
Daire

Back