Southdown Order Anyone?

i could use 4 more bags

threads i have read say the new bags are 40 lbs. I would assume this order would be new ones.

Update: A place I visited in Sudbury called me Saturday to say they got FOUR pallets in. It was someplace I stopped at as overkill in my search. Did not think anything would become of it. Before I post the name of the place I want to be sure they have the correct product. Cross your fingers!!! The sales person said she thought it would retail between $5-6 per bag but a pallet price could be less, and that it was listed as tropical playsand (I had her write down what I wanted last week, but she wasn't looking at the actual bags that came in only the packing slip).

Working it.

Check thread midday Monday.

I could use a couple bags, 2 for my nano and fuge setup and a few more just to have. maybe 5 bags total.

Checked on the stock; wrong stuff :(

Crushed marble white playsand. The purchaser was pissed because he knows what we want and ordered it specifically. He is working on that now and will call me later.

FYI: SOUTHDOWN was bought by YARDRIGHT, who is owned by OLDCASTLE. I have corroberated from two different sources that there are 1000 tons/pallets of our tropical playsand remaining and that it will no longer be produced.

I am confident that I can produce as much as we need, but spend the money now for future tank setup as I doubt it will be available beyond this spring....

So are we signing up on a list or are you just going to post where the nursery the sand is at when it comes in and then everyone who wants some just goes and gets it? If we are making a list please sign me up for 1 bag.
Thanks,

I think it is going to be a post and pick up, but somewhere along the line it got kind of pulled over to the let's make a list and see who need how much SD list.

Originally, A vendor I work with said he had it. I started this thread to guage interest as it is a wholesale yard not open to the general public. I would pick it up and disperse it. That's why it started as a list. He didn't have the right product. I talked to Dennis at Northeast Nursery and he said he will get four pallets but it would take 2-3 weeks. Then it became post and pickup. This is redundant as all should be clear if you have the patience to read through the thread. I am working two other outlets to get us the coveted and soon to be non-existant sand we all need. I have a new tank sitting in the living room waiting... So trust me when I say I have incentive and am working diligently behind the sceens. Patience grasshopper.

Kevin, Thanks for all your work, keep us posted, I am in the same boat as you with an empty tank waiting ....
Bruce

Thanks for the thanks.

Bit of bad news: Dennis left me a message Saturday that Tropical sand is no longer available to him (Northeast Nursery). At least I know he tried to order it. Same with Agway in Waltham. Same with Mahonies in Sudbury. Same with Cavicchios in Sudbury.

I am working with someone at Russels Garden center in Sudbury which seems promising but who knows. This is depressing. Sorry to get peoples hopes up but I will keep searching.

I encourage everyone to go to thier local Nusery or garden center and see if they can get some in. They are all ordering thier spring lime, sand, fertilizers, etc. right now so its not like a special order for them if the have access to it. All these inquiries go to a representative of Oldcastle the company that distributes Yardright/Southdown products. If that rep is constantly hearing our demand for the product, he/she may have thier ears perk up and make something happen. I don't think we will ever see it again at HD. All of my sources confirm that there is a very limited amout of Tropical playsand left (less than 1000 ton) and it seems HD has commited to Quickcrete for thier playsand demand. Consider this thread dead. If I get lucky I will post the location in a new thread. Again sorry for false hope and I will keep trying.

For sale: (1) 50 lb bag of the original Tropical Play sand

Price: $1 million dollars
(hey I only need to sell one)

I figured this sand had to run out eventually....bummer for us

Back