Mike's 270-gallon custom build

What flowmeter are you using? I’ve been looking for one
Flow module for Apex shows here for return pump in left column currently at 1600 gph

1643243230267.png

Has 4 ports that can be combination of flow sensors or leak sensors
1643243414494.png

Built a table to hold the Bashsea sump with the skimmer and filter socks will be. This then gravity drais to the 100 gallon rubbermaid. This will allow me the ability to change out about 60 gallons of water in the rubbermaid without turning off any equipment or effecting my skimmer.

Also built a second table last night to extend that to hold my calcium reactor, co2, trident and top off container. as well as just having a little working table space. Hung a light above that.

sump and equipment.jpg

That is a great idea and layout. Will you fill it back up with new water or will you be adding the new water elsewhere?

1600 gph up 1 story is impressive,what are you using for a return pump? Also love the color coded plumbing.

That is a great idea and layout. Will you fill it back up with new water or will you be adding the new water elsewhere?
Whole old system came down so itnn be is all new water. Not quite sure I understand that question? I actually bleach cured any equipment that was being reused so no chance of any pest algae’s or anything being transferred from old set up

1600 gph up 1 story is impressive,what are you using for a return pump? Also love the color coded plumbing.
Return pump is currently just dumping back into the sump so not too impressive. It is a pan world pump.

the color coding will be a nice touch

display tank is still being built so nothing to pump water up to yet

Whole old system came down so itnn be is all new water. Not quite sure I understand that question? I actually bleach cured any equipment that was being reused so no chance of any pest algae’s or anything being transferred from old set up
I meant when you close off the banshea sump to do a water change from it, will you fill it back up with new water then just open the valves and the system chugs along?

I want to design a similar water change setup in my sump area re-design.

I meant when you close off the banshea sump to do a water change from it, will you fill it back up with new water then just open the valves and the system chugs along?

I want to design a similar water change setup in my sump area re-design.
No the Bashsea will remain running as is the whole time. I would need to shut off the top off container, then open a valve on the return pump line that will pump water out to a drain outside. This will just drop the water level in the rubbermaid stock tank. Then I plug in pump in saltwater barrel and fill the stock tank back up. I don't have an automated system but no buckets or hoses to lug unless I am cleaning substrate or something.

Display tank drains into Bashsea, then Bashsea drains into stock tank.

Love the rock work. Not too tall, uses the front to back depth nicely, and plenty of open space for flow. Nice!

That looks great man!! Awesome craftsmanship!! Bet your like a kid waiting for Christmas waiting for your tank to be ready.

That looks great man!! Awesome craftsmanship!! Bet your like a kid waiting for Christmas waiting for your tank to be ready.
I sure am and wasnt expecting it until mid to end of March so that was a nice surprise.

Back