Search results

1. S

Free Halloween hermit crab (South Berwick Maine)

We also have a Halloween hermit crab in our tank that we no longer want. He doesn’t seem to do well with our tank either. He is trying to eat our snails and our feather duster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

Free Larger clown fish (South Berwick Maine)

We are looking to regime the large clown fish in our tank. We got a smaller one and thought they would bond but now she is being mean. She came with the tank. We are hoping to get another small clown fish if someone would be willing to trade them :) Thanks for your time Sent from my iPhone...
  3. S

water wont stay clean

Afternoon guys, So for the past 3 weeks we have been struggling to keep the water clean. There keeps forming a brown film (for lack of better word) across the top of the water, and the sand is turning brown shortly after we clean it. We have done 3 30% water changes over the past month and it...
  4. S

Something new in my tank

Today I just noticed this silver ball growing behind some of my Zoas. I have no idea what it is or what it could be. After first glance almost looked like a silver pearl. But if anyone knows what it might be that would be awesome. Possibly a egg of some sort that I now have to care for???
  5. S

Is this rotting mushrooms and if so how should I handle this

Woke up to this today. We are trying everything to not lose the whole tank but everything is still going bad. This is where my mushroom colony use to be but looks rotten now. How do I remove this without it spredding or will te cleanup crew clean it up? If anyone can text me that would be...
  6. S

Aqualife ro water system question Or another to replace ours

So we wanted to change the filters on this system that we have to make sure this isn't what is causing our tank to crash. We can't get the blue tops off. the wrench we have does not fit over the top. I have tried everything I can think of (except breaking it) to get these tops off to replace the...
  7. S

Someone to diagnosis tank

Hello, So it seems like my whole tank is spinning I to utter chaos, it started with the xenias but now it's onto my anenome and everything else. While some corals seem to be doing good and all my fish seem fine other things seem really bad. I wasn't sure if there are people we can pay to come...
  8. S

Pulsating xenia look wilted

Hello, So I came home Monday to find my whole pulsing zenia colony wilted. Thought maybe it was just a faze but today it almost looks dead. Is there a way to save it? Or maybe I am not caring for it correctly? Should I put a small power head just for them in the tank to increase flow? I love...
  9. S

What is this??? Looks like white hairs

Hello, So I get to enjoy my tank mainly on weekends if I don't work a ton. We have these white strings sticking out of tubes in our sand and now some in the rocks close to the sand. They pull back and leave a empty tube of sand behind all over my sand bed. What can I do to get rid of these.
  10. S

What is this growing in my tank

Hello I have no idea what these are. They almost look like anenome but they are growing in 3 different areas in my tank now. We went on vacation for 10 days and how we have like 8 of these in our tank now
  11. S

My Bubble tip just got stuck

Hello, So my bubble tip anemone just got stuck in my power head. I ended up cutting the "cage" that covers the fan to get him out. he doesn't look to be doing to well. How do I keep him from getting stuck in the power head (if he survives)???? also I didn't realize they move around. that's just...
  12. S

What counts as a fish

Hello, So I understand that fish are fish but what else counts as a fish in the total count you can have in a tank? I hear that the cleaner crews don't count... snails, those really small starfish, and shrimp. But what about serpent starfish, sea horses, sea urchins, sponges, clams and hermit...
  13. S

Brand new reefers

Hello everyone, Wanted to introduce myself and my family. We are brand new to the salt water world. We have always had fresh water but wanted the upgrade. We bought an established tank but would like way more color and life in the tank. I am trying to find out how to upload a photo to get more...
Back