Search results

1. Sdeluca10

Help! Nitrates…

125 gallon tank 60 gallon sump purple, hippo, sailfin, powder brown tangs Also a foxface, firefish and a half dozen clowns. Have a reef octopus protein skinner rated for 250 gallons. After months of negligence, I was doing the bare minimum to keep the fish alive. Fish are all fat and happy. I...
  2. Sdeluca10

Hippo tang disease?

My hippo tang suddenly showed up with, what I’m assuming is some kind of a disease. All other fish are fine. He’s swimming and eating fine. There’s a spot on one side of it that is about the size of a penny. And then on the other side he has these black scab looking dots. I’m also believe he...
  3. Sdeluca10

Shout out to fellow hobbyist

I just wanted to make a post here to say thank you to @Seapets for the clownfish. Earlier this year I got in contact with him as he was currently raising baby clownfish. I was looking for a half dozen of them. As they have been growing over the last 4 months he has been checking in often, and...
  4. Sdeluca10

Live saltwater feeder fish ???

I always wondered, Why are there no live saltwater feeder fish to purchase. For all the aggressive fish, groupers, lionfish, shark, ect. For freshwater you can go to the store and get feeder guppies, tuffies, all different size goldfish. The ocean is obviously loaded with baitfish. Why can’t...
  5. Sdeluca10

Baby white spotted bamboo shark

So I rescued a baby white spotted bamboo shark from my LFS. I have proper housing for it. I’m writing here to see if anyone has first hand experience with them. The first 3 days he was in my tank I was able to get him to eat frozen pieces of squid. Now I’m going on 3 days of him grabbing the...
  6. Sdeluca10

WTT: Reef Breeder Photon 32

I have 2 reef breeder photon 32 lights over a 6 foot tank. I get shadows from the two braces on the top of the tank. I’m not sure what kind of deal can be made, if any, but I’m looking into getting 3 smaller lights for the (left middle and right of the braces on top of the tank). I still have...
  7. Sdeluca10

Clownfish gone missing ‍♂️

Quick rundown: 150 gallon tank with 60 gallon sump. It’s a full reef, loaded with live rock 15+ corals, 6 rainbow anenomes that the clown bounce around in. The clowns were the first 2 fish I added to the tank when I started it. I do not have any carnivorous fish Hippo tang Sailfin tang Purple...
  8. Sdeluca10

Moonshiners?

I’ve seen multiple people mention moonshiners. I’m not familiar with it. Was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down if what exactly it is.
  9. Sdeluca10

WTB Pair of clowns, or multiple baby clown if anyone is breeding them

I’m looking to add some clownfish to my tank. I had a pair, that were already paired up that I got from someone else. Had them for at lease 5 months and 1 went missing. My anenomes never get used by the clowns. I either wanna add a handful of baby clowns or add a mater pair (and I would rehome...
  10. Sdeluca10

Mirror mirror method for aggressive fish

Has anyone every tried the mirror method on the tank when adding new fish to decrease aggression? I added a new tang (purple) to my tank today, I already have 3. For a half hour to an hour after I added it, it seemed to be doing just fine. It was right out in front of the tank. It ate with all...
  11. Sdeluca10

Sally light foot reef safe??

In hindsight it probably wasn’t my most well thought out purchase. I referring to a sally light foot crab that i purchased. Recently I found my red linkia star fish making its way down the bottle of the glass. Last night after the lights were out I noticed the sally right near it and nearly...
  12. Sdeluca10

Noisy overflow. I’m no plumber

As stated, my built in (reef ready) overflow has been noisy as of recent and I haven’t changed anything. It’s making that gurgling, draining water sound much more often and consistently as of recent and I have no idea why. I changed nothing with the filtration system. Any thoughts?? Note: only...
  13. Sdeluca10

Opinions on Sohal Tang

A Sohal tang has always been one of my favorite fish. I’ve never pulled the trigger and acquired one. One because of the price, and two because of their known aggressive behavior. I’m considering spending the money on one IF I can even find one. But looking for others options. I would get it of...
  14. Sdeluca10

RODI storage barrel

I’m setting up an RODI system and I’m trying to decide what to use for a barrel. I’ve thought about just buying a rain barrel with the spigot already built in, however they are a little pricey. I’ve seen people use brute barrels and plumb in their own spigot. I’m interested in doing something...
  15. Sdeluca10

General rule with Anthias

As someone who’s never kept them before. I went to the store and I was gonna buy a couple. I was told that you should have “at least” a 3-1 female to male radio. He only had 2 females and 1 male and I grabbed them. I have a lot of rock work in my tank so I’m not concerned initially. I have every...
  16. Sdeluca10

How does a calcium reactor work

Can someone give me the “run down” on calcium reactors? How they work? Do they sit in your sump, out of your sump? Do they make it so you no longer have to dose calcium? I see that some people have them and some people don’t have never really had a conversation with anybody about it so I don’t...
  17. Sdeluca10

Identification??

Does anyone know what this is? My brother started losing his anenomes which he originally thought it was due to water quality until today. He came home and he found this guy and another one of his anenomes in its mouth, with pieces of the anenome all over the place.we were thinking it hitch...
  18. Sdeluca10

Success rate if adding Tangs

Curious what the overall success rate of adding a new Tang, to a tank with tangs already, is. For example, I have 150 gallon tank with three small to medium size tanks. Of those include a blue hippo, a sailfin, and a powder brown. Not that I’m looking to add anything in the very near future, but...
  19. Sdeluca10

Water flow

Is there a general rule on water flow that I might not know?? Specifically for a mixed reef. Everything from anenomes, gorgonians, acans, SPS, LPS, zoas. Do you decide flow: based on gallons? Based coral/fish type? Based solely on how corals and such react to the water flow?? And with...
  20. Sdeluca10

Algae question?

I’ve attached a couple of photos. The concern is the brown algae that grows on the sand. The ph is perfect at 8.4, the nitrite is 0 the nitrate is no more than 15. Alk is a little on the lower side at 135-140. I’m not sure what’s causing the algae. I do water changes, no improvement. Clean...
Back