Search results

1. M

Fijicube sump reviews?

Hi there, I'm going to be upgrading my smaller system and plan to purchase a sump rather than build one. I have been looking around and came across the Fijicube sumps. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Right now they are on sale and they seem to be pretty decent. There just...
  2. M

Sump baffle question

Hi there, this should be a fairly easy question (maybe). I recently acquired a sump from a friend and began to run it to check for leaks in my system. I noticed that the baffles are just about the same height all the way across. First is 11 and 1/8th and the other two overs are 11. Will this...
  3. M

Anyone use filters4h20 sediment filters?

Hi there. Curious if anyone uses them? They have a .5 micron absolute 4 pack relatively cheap. Any info or first hand experience would be great thanks. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. M

Lfs near salem area

Hi there. So I'm heading up to the salem area tomorrow and I was curious if there was any decent stores local to the area. I have the whole day and would like to hit up one of two if possible. I'm traveling from western MA and rarely am up in the area so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanka...
  5. M

Simplicity 120dc

Hi there. Have been browsing for a new skimmer for awhile now and came across the simplicity. Does anyone run one or have experience with them? Maybe direct me to a review as I am having a tough time finding any real solid info from personal experiences on them. Thanks Sent from my Nexus 7...
  6. M

Bean overflow questions

Hi there, so I have done a lot of reading and it doesn't seem like I can find an answer to my questions. First, I want to build a beananimal overflow on a 30 long. Would 3/4 inch bulkheads and drains be sufficient as it seems the 1 inch would be overkill. Second, I would want to have a coast...
  7. M

RBTA with trigger???

Hi there, i have an opportunity to get an rbta relatively inexpensively for my two clowns......question is would my black indian trigger bothed him? Does anyone have any experience? Any info would be great. Thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  8. M

I think my trigger has been hungry haha

Most of the time you would think of a tank cover as a way to keep fish in. My trigger thinks its a snack haha. Guess ill have to find a new approach. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  9. M

Best 4 bulb t5 setup

Hi there all, was wondering whst people thought of the best 4 bulb setup for frag tank. Right now fixture has 2 coralife colormax ( which i will at the least be replacing fairly soon), one ati actinic, one ati blu+. Id love thoughts on what i could swap the colormax for or just the best for the...
  10. M

Ato container thoughts

So I have had my ato set up for about a month now. The tank is in the dining room and there is no room under the tank for a container. Right now it feeds off if a white 5 gallon container on the side of the tank. I dont mind the white but I'm looking for something larger that fits in the same...
  11. M

What is my puffer doing???

Hi there, so I've been having trouble getting my puffer to eat and today I saw him doing this. He like lodges himself in there, and now and again comes out and about. I e just never seen him do this. Anyone have any insight? TIA
  12. M

Porcupine puffer feeding help

So I have an adorable puffer on my hands and he won't seem to eat anything other than my small snails. I've tried numerous items from freeze dried krill(my last puffer devoured them) to fresh clams soaked in garlic. I've read that live food is a good alternative but my lfs locally doesn't carry...
  13. M

Wrasse ID please

So I don't have much experience with any type of wrasse. I'm sure this shouldn't be hard to id I just don't know myself. I picked it up with the tank i recently purchased. TIA
  14. M

Help me make up my mind-have a dilemma

I have a dilemma. Was looking for any thoughts or inputs on this dilemma as I can't make up my mind. Background: I purchased a 72 bow front. Has mag 7 return and only one mp10 on the right glass. Tank is aggressive non reef safe fish(might throw a frogspawn or some zoas to color up down...
  15. M

ID please, some type of worm?

So I came home to about three or four of these guys on my glass. Cant get a much better with my phone. they are brownish with a lot if small like sweepers on them. Any thoughts? Thanks
  16. M

Rodi unit

Ok, spice had my rodi unity set up for about a month now. At he beginning I had 0 ppm. tonight I was filling my containers and tested at 5 ppm. The water going in is around 3ppm. The first filter seems have gone white to brown. Can anyone tell me why, or how I can fix this???? TIA
  17. M

Tank move question

So in moving my biocube reef today about a half hour away or so. Currently I have a 30 gallon qt set up and had a few questions. What would be better. Placing all livestock in qt while I set up the biocube at the new location and give some time for a small cycle? Or set up the biocube and get it...
  18. M

Mag pump electrical help

So I have a mag 5 that has been sitting around. I went to pick up the pump and right where the electrical goes into it, the black casing around the wires cracked and split right where it meets the pump. How can I go about fixing this? Or is it something that can't safely be fixed for safety of...
  19. M

Tank issues!!

So I hate to add another please help me post but this one I really need some guidance. So I recently moved and have a 72 bow set up in the first week if its cycle. Problem is I sold my old 55 to a family member who said and explained some on how to take care of a tank. I felt as if they could...
  20. M

Auto top off

I'm looking to get an ato and was looking at the double switch controller from autotopoff.com. Was wondering if anyone has one, has dealt with one or has any insight on them at all. Also if I should even be looking at them or go another route. It would be for my final chamber in a proflex 2. TIA
Back