Nick's Miracle Build

It's time to start a build thread for this. The building and electrical inspectors just walked out the door and we are now ready for the 2nd phase. You can call this Nick’s reef 3.0 since this is the 3rd serious tank upgrade. But this is something I called a Man-Cave or “In-Laws are Here” cave.
I started this project since August of last year. I had very limited amount of time on it and at some point I stalled and didn’t even want to set the tank up. But I kept chipping away one bit at a time and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m hoping to finally get the tank up and running in the next couple months and let it run for a bit before moving the existing tank(Link here) content to it.
First off, let’s start with the tank. The tank was delivered October of last year. Other than the initial inspection, it was crated back up and has been sitting in my garage.

Tank dimension is 72”x48”x24” and holds ~360gallons. It was built by Miracle. Miracle also made the stand for it. The tank is built as a peninsula set up. Large external overflow with 3 drain(planning on doing a Bean overflow). Two returns from the overflow side and 4 return holes from the opposite side. Starfire on all viewable side.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
Wow beautiful man

Congratulations on the whole set up man. Looks amazing. You should have tours of the system to show people in person lol. I bet you must just sit and watch the tank for hours and space out. Then the wife yells at you that she never sees you lol

Just came across this thread. Awesome tank, great build! You planned that out perfectly. I'm trying to plan out a basement finish and tank but I have a hard time planning past out breakfast :D

I would like to go as well and bring my camera , maybe you can teach some trick on how to take some nice pictures.

Some update. The tank has been set up for a year now after the transfer from the Elos. I could not be any more happy with this.
Some pics for now. I will have updated video by the end of the weekend.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Back