yet another build thread (180 inwall)

sorry that msg was short typing on the iphone is still weird for me...the tappatalk app is only a forum browser but it makes it so one is not always enlarging part of the forum to read it it kind of makes the forum more smartphone friendly. it is not out on the droid os atm

some random pictures....

vlaminghi (thought this accidental was cool)
vlaminghi.jpg

zoas
zoas-1.jpg

tricolor acro (and new growth in 2nd pic)
tri-color-acro.jpg

tri-color-acro-growing.jpg

my favorite coral atm stylophora
stylo.jpg

halloween hermit treading dangerous grounds
halloween-hermit.jpg

this guy will be super cool when he grows out (thanks again greg)
hiller-aussie-acro.jpg

Beautiful pics

sorry that msg was short typing on the iphone is still weird for me...the tappatalk app is only a forum browser but it makes it so one is not always enlarging part of the forum to read it it kind of makes the forum more smartphone friendly. it is not out on the droid os atm

Tapatalk is out for droid, I use on my droid x.

well fish trap went in today. my six line officially turned into a terror to its tankmates. when he gets out he will live in my frag tank. solitary for the rest of his life

after moving stuff around i decided that the idea of a center lps island was just not appealing anymore so i bought a new lumenbright reflector for the center. also i dont really have heat issues in the summer as my tank is in a finished basement and we have central ac. it can get warm in the spring and early fall before we turn the ac on i have had fans to blow across the water for cooling but this week i installed a bathroom fan over the tank to vent hot air.

yes. it is not as easy to tell how much brighter the center is from these..look at the overflow

here are 2 shots
before
after

4-5-2011.jpg

4-30-11.jpg

nice tank and that light definitely adds a lot of brightness to the tank however now it looks like the confusa/cap is getting too much light. How long has it been like that? Might want to try raising that reflector up a few inches. If its a lumen bright, those things are extremely efficient and can burn corals if the light wasnt acclimated to the system. I maybe totally wrong, Im just looking at a pic, might be totally different in person. Im just trying to help.

its been like that for a few weeks steve now. and has not shown any signs of stress or bleaching. i will keep an eye on it but it seems like the entire middle of the tank is welcoming the extra light as things are starting to color back up!

Back