Search results

1. M

Free 75 drilled tank and basement stand

Must be gone by tomorrow morning early, or we have to bring to the dump, nothing wrong with it, but moving and can’t take it.. sad to have it go to waste! 603-721-6733 text if you want it and are coming and I’ll give the address goffstown NH
  2. M

FS Livestock and rock for sale due to moving

moving and don’t want to loose the livestock in the move due to moving cross country... all livestock been in the tank for more than a few months, everything eats Purple tang a few inches had for a few months $150 Med hippo tang got quarter sized and tiny, now it’s a few inches $50 Two clowns...
  3. M

Buying a breeding pair of clownfish

Does anyone know where to get a breeding pair of clownfish or a pair that wouldn't be tiny?
  4. M

WTB acans

Looking for colorful Acan frags, rainbows etc. near Manchester NH or within 45 minutes drive
  5. M

Question

What do I use in the saltwater as far as clay or tile pots? I am reading more than one thing, and find that I am not sure if clay or cement etc tiles are okay. I want to pick up tiles and or tiny pots as two different pairs of my clowns are breeding and I want to be able to remove the eggs...
  6. M

Achilles Tang Question

Can anyone chime in on how long you have been able to keep an Achilles Tang, am questioning there ability to thrive in an aquarium. We were looking into adding one but don't want to waste the money or buy a fish that will just die in captivity.
  7. M

Help with skimmer

Hey, I can't seem to remember what brand skimmer this is and I need to look them up as its over skimming the water and removing clear water for the past week, ... I'm trying to upload the pictures but for now it's clear and gray with a grey collection cup cover that has what looks like a Celtic...
  8. M

Help with power heads!!!

Came home today found our power head on our 200 dd not working. Looking to replace or upgrade have it narrowed down to 2 EcoTech mp40, Neptune apex WAV and 1 link kit, and Maxspect Gyre xf150. Looking for advice or input from anyone who has experience with these pumps.Thanks
  9. M

live rock full of brown palys

For the upgrade to the 50g we are wanting to use our live rock that is in the 90g, but a lot of them are covering in brown palys and I was wondering if there is a good way to get them off with out killing the rock? In the tank now I try to rotate the rocks upside down but those things grow like...
  10. M

new build and upgrading!!

We are currently working on moving from a 90 gallon with a 55 sump (thats pipped in to a 30 frag tank :) to a 150 cube with a 40 breeder sump. We are building the stand like we did for the 90 as we need more room to fit the sump etc. I am thinking of changing lights, right now we have leds that...
  11. M

suggestions for dosing pump

Hey everyone, its been a while since I have been on here as i started nursing school so life is BUSY!! so busy that I need help in the tank department. I am looking for a dosing pump, and need advise on what one and why. I need something Ideally to dose more than one chemical, like alk, calcium...
  12. M

Okay holy cow what is it ?

So the auction was awesome, and we bought some live rock, LAst night we were taking it out and this and more were crawling out... What is it? I think we are going to have to bleach the rock, but is this something I can get rid of from the rocks? It's about the size of a sharpie marker, and about...
  13. M

Love the Reef

We to Love the Reef for the first time yesterday, and had a great experience! It is really a beautiful store and nice setup. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, bought a coral and some other stuff and they are beautiful. I couldn't recommend the trip to his store enough,If you haven't...
  14. M

Holy cow ALK drop

So I have no idea why but my alk dropped and it's usually around 10, but just checked it and it's at 7.8!!!!!!! Any ideas why this would suddenly happen?? A cans are real upset..
  15. M

Breeding peppermint, cleaner shrimps

Hey, I as wondering if anyone had bred peppermint or cleaner shrimp, and had results that were not fish food.. I have been looking into trying it out, seeing if I can breed them and was just looking to see if anyone has any additional info, personal experiences....
  16. M

Our big tank, and some new additions

The mandarin is new.... And his new friend the valentini below
  17. M

Flu like symptoms after working in tank

Today I did some rearranging and messing in my tank and water change, was in there for about 3-4 hours, I had gloves on for most of it. About an hour after being in the tank, I started with what I thought was allergies, running nose, sneezing, watery eyes, it's been about five hours since...
  18. M

Fragging, growing acans

Hey guys, I got a few questions I have three Acan frags that I bought originally on frag stands, I just placed them on my rack and thought nothing of them, BUT they are growing around the plug, and I have no idea how to help them from doing this. Is there a way to frag them without breaking it...
  19. M

help with hair algae and it taking over/hurting corals

Okay, I am at a loss here, I have a wicked hair algae problem and can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I do. My system is a 90 gallon tank, below it us a 55gallon sump, and piped in to the main tank is a 30 gallon frag tank. I have a reef dynamics 130 skimmer, a bio pellet reactor...
  20. M

Lighting question, corals their adjusting to different light

Okay, I have a few questions, We recently piped in our 30 gallon frag tank to our 90 display tank to keep it more stable, but over my display tank are two LED lights, and over the frag tank is a metal halide. The halide is about 18 inches from tank and the tank frag rack is about 6 inches from...
Back